-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blair Harris

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi i am looking for all or any parts required to change a 67 Dart with a 383 and manifolds to a power steering set up. I need pump/mounting brackets, steering box,houses anything you want to sell. I also will have a good manual steering set up to sell to anyone who wants to add headers to a A Body Dart with a big block and cant fit them in.

The power steering setup is the same from any 67-69 A body. The manifolds were different on the big block, not the steering setup. I have the 69 steering column (shorter on a power setup) but it is for column shift automatic. I also have a steering box from a 69 cleaned and painted for $75 including shipping. Good Luck!
Here's the column.:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...576218560&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT

was your car a original 383 FACTORY DART? If it was, there is no way to add power steering, due to the unique k-member and drivers side motor mount configuration.

Here is a photo of the factory 383-440 darts and barracuda, 1967-1969

MOPAR CHARLIE

Attachments

• Mecum Auto Auction jJan.27,2011 035.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1968 dart 383 exhaust manifold & motor mount.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 97
So how would you do it then. Change out k member and use something like the Schumacher BB conversion for the motor and then install all the power steering components.

Hi thanks for your help now iam not sure if i can convert to power steering or not. The car was an orginal slant six, then the 383 was dropped in. The guy i bought it fro says he replaced the K member with a proper one also both Motor mounts. One of the mounts he had made is the same size as factory rubber centre only solid bolt all the way through. He also replaced the steering colum with a after market unit and put a console shift on the floor. If i sent you some picks would that help?
Thanks Blair

please do e-mail some photos, I have a 68 dart with a 383, it was originally a 273 car.

I specialize in A-BODYS

[email protected]

MOPAR CHARLIE
727-271-5068

Attachments

• pink dart engine.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 113
  • pink dart front view.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 90
I have everything you would need (pump, mounting brackets, etc.) may even have the steering box but would have to look. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back