Status
Not open for further replies.

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need a good used CHEAP flywheel for a small block. Don't know if there is a difference between small block and big block in flywheels. Or different sizes in flywheels.

for what engines?

318, and internally ballanced 440's 130 tooth fly wheels are the same,

360 are externally ballanced

some 440's are externally ballanced.

and I forget about 273, and 340, someone here will know.

What do you need it for?

Phil

It's for a 318. I am building a test and tune stand to break my motor in.

just go to a wrecker, there should be lots out there. It will be expensive to ship due to the weight. you will be in it for what you could get one new!

I have one from a /6 if that would work. $25 and I'm in Edison, north of you a bit. I can meet you somewhere in between.

Ken

/6 wont work try Brewers or btonys tonys is bettrer on price but shipping hurts

Would the slant six bolt up to it? It Does it have weights on it? Can I just remove them to make a neutrally balanced flywheel?

I don't have a junked tranny to use. And also the test stand can only mount a bell housing.

I've got a small pile of flywheels, but I haven't even looked through them to see if I have what I'll need for the Sedan. Also, I have no idea what the balance is on any of them. Truthfully, I think you'd be better buying a brand new one and get it in the balance you need rather than buy a used one, pay for shipping and then balancing.

HOWEVER....all that being said.......tomorrow when I get home from fishing I'll look in the pile and let you know what I've got if you want me to

You want a 130 or a 142 tooth?

143 I guess? What's the difference the 130 tooth and 143? Different size? 130 is smaller?

you will need the 130 tooth. From my understanding only some big block flywheels were 143. havn't seen a small block 143 tooth wheel.

Phil

If I am just using it for a test stand would it matter what size? As long as it a neutral balanced one? Whats the difference in application from the 143 and the 130?

If I am just using it for a test stand would it matter what size? As long as it a neutral balanced one? Whats the difference in application from the 143 and the 130?

The teeth are on the outside of the flywheel. they are spaced the same distance apart, so if you have a 143 tooth flywheel you have a bigger cercumfrance, if you have a bigger cercumfrance, your starter won't line up with the teath. Heck the flywheel might not even fit in the bellhousing that you have.

Make sence?

Phil

I hope to take the trans setup and flywheel out of the car this week and see what it looks like. I'll let you know.

Ken

you will need the 130 tooth. From my understanding only some big block flywheels were 143. havn't seen a small block 143 tooth wheel.

Phil

Ok, I'm sending Paul the BH in question, which is a cast iron 3-speed BH removed from a '71 Dodge Sportsman van with a 318. The flywheel was a 143 tooth cast iron flywheel, and it was all factory, so they did come behind small blocks, but I suspect only in trucks and vans. Unfortunately, I sold the flywheel a few months ago to someone in OH.

I think you will ned the 143 tooth flywheel if you want to use this BH, Paul, as the starter teeth will not engage on a 130 tooth flywheel. Any manual trans truck or van should be able to supply one.

If you want to look for a smaller BH, just LMK. I haven't shipped it yet.

Ok, I'm sending Paul the BH in question, which is a cast iron 3-speed BH removed from a '71 Dodge Sportsman van with a 318. The flywheel was a 143 tooth cast iron flywheel, and it was all factory, so they did come behind small blocks, but I suspect only in trucks and vans. Unfortunately, I sold the flywheel a few months ago to someone in OH.

I think you will ned the 143 tooth flywheel if you want to use this BH, Paul, as the starter teeth will not engage on a 130 tooth flywheel. Any manual trans truck or van should be able to supply one.

If you want to look for a smaller BH, just LMK. I haven't shipped it yet.

Casey I sent you a PM and I definitely want it!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back