WANTED ! HEMI 6 (Austrialian market)

-

homslr

Reaction score
Anybody have any information about a HEMI 6 6cylinder engine ? It was available in the Austrialian markets from 1970-1981. I'd like to know whatever you can tell me about the engine and does ANYbody know where one of these engines could be acquired at a reasonable price ? I want to install in my '63 Dart GT convertible and think this would be a good choice for a machine with a little different twist ? Tell me what you think... Tnks,BILL (homslr)

There is a guy on slantsix.org that imports a few every once in a while. They were not out of line considering the trip they have to take to get on US soil.

I assume you have read up on these engines. You know they don't just bolt in. They are wider and longer if I remember correctly.

Oh ya, and they are not Hemispherical. It was a neat name to use, nothing more.

I think they were more powerful though and had some wild induction systems available. But then again, South Africa got factory 3 carb systems and webers on "our" slant sixes. The USA didn't get much wilder than the hyperpak.

It was an overhead valve engine, and put out 165hp and 235 ft-lb of torque.

I'd be interested in seeing a swap, and how it's done. Not that I'd ever do it myself, just curious. I'd like to see the 6-pak ones too. The bigger ones put out 203-302hp.

Hello,
There were 3 sizes of those engines. 215,245,and 265 cubic inch.
Compared to the smooth slant,they were (IMO) a rattly,coarse engine,but did make good power.
If you were to import one,it would make good sense to import a K frame for the "hemi" as well. AFAIK they are interchangeable into any A body.
You will need to register on this site HERE to access the search function,but there is a wealth of information about those engines there.
15y0r7.jpg

regards,Rod:happy10:
Edit: If you contact this email address, [email protected] he is the guy on Slantsix.org that imports to the US.
Goes by the name OzHemi
on SlantSix.org

I don't know where you can get them.. But I want to swap one into an early barracuda. After I finish my dusters of course.

-
Back