Status
Not open for further replies.

chucksrodgarage

old school rodder
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
still looking for a neutral pushbutton and rod (one piece). for a 1962 dodge lancer. i am in the porcess of restoring the car, and the neutral button was missing. no, it isn't down inside the shifter box. from what i understand , the 1962 is by itself in this respect. valliant may work . see attatched thread. any leads appreciated.
Chuck

How do you remove the headlight and wiper knobs on a '62 Valiant? The Valiant instrument panel was somewhat redesigned from the 1960-61 version, for which the manual says to reach around behind the instrument panel to push a release on the headlight switch.
For the 1962 Plymouth Valiant, you stick a tiny screwdriver up into the (almost invisible) slot on the bottom of the knob, and that releases a spring clip and lets the knob slide off.
To remove the pushbutton gearshift assembly from the dashboard (which appears also to have changed from 1961): after removing the instrument panel escutcheon to gain access, pry apart the pushbuttons a little bit to find a couple of 3/8" hex huts back inside, on studs that face toward the rear of the car. Remove those hex nuts and the park lock knob from the park lever, and carefully maneuver the pushbutton assembly back, down and out of the dashboard.
Thanks to Pat

good tips for '62 owners
Good luck with your search for the pushbutton.
If you don't do any good on FABO go over to /6 forum

i need to find out the interchangability on the 63 push button assy. i am being lead to believe that there are many that are the same, only difference is in the buttons. that would be great if i know which are the same. mine has a broken neutral fork that the button goes ionto. i have all of the buttons. but one source that i ran accross said they changed design in 62.
any ideas on interchangability for the 62 lancer assy?

problem solved. the a body, and the b body units from 62 are the same except the reverse light switch location, and park levers. found a replacement assy from a 62 valliant. thanks to valliant patrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back