-
Status
Not open for further replies.

t-granger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a new 20:1 manual steering box for my 1973 duster.

I know I can buy a 16:1 box anywhere, but I want the 20:1 ratio.

If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know I have looked almost every where.

I have cash in hand but would prefer it to be new because I do not want to rebuild it myself. I have enough projects with my Duster, and do not want to try and search for parts for a 20: used box.

I will buy from anywhere,

Canada, Alaska, Guam, I do not care. I just want this ratio.

I will probably end up getting the 16:1 but thought I would reach-out with everyone here first.

Crossing my fingers.

And I thought the 16:1 were the hard ones to find?
I have the 20:1 gear kit, nos.
red

I don't think anyone makes one 100% new as a complete unit. I don't think they ever did. The 20:1 gearset was made for the Chrysler Kit Car short track program in the 70's. Never in a production car.

Firm Feel installs the 20:1 kit in used boxes and sells that as a unit.

Firm feel stopped making them but according to Dick over there he may start selling them again soon.

Cafe racer I think I may have to build one thanks for the link.

Red the 16:1 is easy to get, but not the cheapest one to buy. I am looking at spending around 500.00 for a new not rebuilt one.

I may have to go a different way checking with Kim

If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know I have looked almost every where.

I have cash in hand but would prefer it to be new because I do not want to rebuild it myself. I have enough projects with my Duster, and do not want to try and search for parts for a 20: used box.

I will probably end up getting the 16:1 but thought I would reach-out with everyone here first.

Crossing my fingers.

I have a box that I rebuilt with the 20:1 worm gear. Never used, powder coated gloss black, new seals, bearings, etc. PM me if interested.

Crossing my fingers.

I have a box that I rebuilt with the 20:1 worm gear. Never used, powder coated gloss black, new seals, bearings, etc. PM me if interested.

thanks I was looking for the whole unit, and Ciscodog helped me out with one.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I called Firm Feel yesterday, was told they will be soon selling the 20:1 manual steering box, within weeks, he said. Just for everyone's FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back