Wanted: Plymouth Duster parts(Aftermarket)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340Dust-her

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a fairly stock 1971 plymouth duster with a 340 engine. It's a 3 speed auto and im in the process of putting it together for the summer. I'm looking for a Working 600 holley carb or even Weld racing Pro Star rims. I've never checked the backspacing so if you happen to have a an old setup that you plan on selling, please get back to me, thanks. If you happen to have 340 Hockey side stripes that'd be great as well. I know these can usually be ordered on ebay etc, but i refrain from using ebay.

Unless you change the bolt circle from 4" to 4.5", Prostars are out of the question.

Excuse my ignorance, but i failed to mention that the rearend came out of a 73' plymouth Duster. I'm fairly certain it isnt a Dana 60, so im assuming it has to be a 8 3/4 rear which does have 4.5 bolt pattern?

Were playing tag here, LOL 73 would be 8.25 or 7.25 and should be 4.5" bolt circle.

Let's help him out a bit. 340: Just because it's an 8.75 doesn't mean it's a 4.5" bolt pattern. Early 8.75 units for A bodies were 4" pattern. Look on the side of the center section and it will have numbers. The last three will either be 489, 741, or 742. If that center section comes out from the front it's an 8.75 unless someone slipped in a ford 9". Measure from the out side of a wheel stud to the center of the one across from it and there you go. Not a lot of choices for wheels for SBP. I tried for a long time to find a set of Torque thrust in SBP but went with original rallys. Good luck.

if you have a SBP rear you can buy new reproduction mopar rallye wheels in sizes up to 15 X 8 to fit it. I got mine from summit for about $100 each shipped to me in MD. I found this to be the most cost effective way to mount slicks on back of my Dart Sport with a SBP 8 3/4" rear (which came out of an earlier A-body)

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back