Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusteriffic

Stink finger
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
I'm in search of rubber flooring covering from a Duster, Demon or Dart Sport body style.

Must be for column shift floor pan.

Would prefer one with green speckles, but will accept black.

Of course, must be in good condition with minimal wear present.

PM me here - Steve in SoCal

Your dreaming right??? A 35+year old rubber mat in good shape?? Haven't seen one in over 20 years....

You can buy them repop.... I have bought 2 so far.
Gonna set ya back around $175.00 or so.
If you are interested put a note in this thread and I will post the info.

Later,
Bruce B.

Later,
Bruce B.

I am interested in knowing where you have been buying rubber floor covering? Post the info. Thanks

Later,
Bruce B.

Bruce, I've been in contact with www.accmats.com who states that they supply most of whats out there. Their product is also vinyl, not rubber. The pricing for my vehicle is about $230 + the ride.

I'd be interested in your reviews of what you've purchased and where you purchased it. Thanks.

Your dreaming right??? A 35+year old rubber mat in good shape?? Haven't seen one in over 20 years....

Mine in my 72 Dart is mint and original, not even wore under the gas pedal. My car has only 37k on the odometer. I have pulled in back to see my nice clean floor pans. A lot of people say the rubber floor rot out the floor pans, didn't happen on mine.

Attachments

• dart 3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 466
Mine in my 72 Dart is mint and original, not even wore under the gas pedal. My car has only 37k on the odometer. I have pulled in back to see my nice clean floor pans. A lot of people say the rubber floor rot out the floor pans, didn't happen on mine.
That's because your car has only 37,000 miles on it and was probably garaged it's whole life. I assume your mat is not for sale, right? I don't imagine any other owner of a low mile survivor is going to sell theirs either. When I said I haven't seen a good used rubber mat in 20 years, I meant that I haven't seen one for sale or in a parts car. Natuarally there are some survivors still sporting their original mats.

I'd be interested also of the supplier of the rubber floor covering. I sent an email to ACC and they said that they don't have the covering that I'm looking for.

Bruce B. please post the repop source info. I want to replace the original floor covering in my 71 Demon.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I'd be interested also of the supplier of the rubber floor covering. I sent an email to ACC and they said that they don't have the covering that I'm looking for.

Bruce B. please post the repop source info. I want to replace the original floor covering in my 71 Demon.

Ken
Edison, NJ

OK.....
Bought:07/19/1997
for $179.00 deverered
Legendary Auto Interiors
Newark, NY

I know they did not make it though.
However... It WAS made and sold by ACC and I cannot find the listing right now (Too dark!).
I will check the Invoice tommorow and see if we can back track and find them.

Later,
Bruce B,

PS: FYI.... If you buy a NOS one BEWARE!!
The 2 I bought in 2000 were already cracked on the seam lines NEW
IN THE BOX.

THAT IS ALL for now!

My Demon also has its original vinyl floor, however it has quite a bit of dirt in the grooves and one tear about two inches long. I'm going to have to remove it to get it really clean. Any tips on cleaning these these? Or what I can do about the tear?

When I cleaned mine in the car, I sprayed Castrol Super Clean, used a scrub brush, then wiped it down with a towel. A few spots didn't come clean, so I repeated the spraying, scrubbing and wipe down. After it was all clean, I rinsed it a couple times with water and it looked brand new.

My Demon also has its original vinyl floor, however it has quite a bit of dirt in the grooves and one tear about two inches long. I'm going to have to remove it to get it really clean. Any tips on cleaning these these? Or what I can do about the tear?

Since this is a "parts wanted" thread, let me know if you're willing to sell. Thanks, guys.

For anyone interested, here is the response I recieved on 8/2/11 after asking why Auto Custom Carpets (accmats.com) does not list their vinyl floor covering for our cars on their website. They are a major supplier to vendors including YearOne. They'll make it with their carpet molds, but once you buy it, its yours.

"The reason we do not offer it on our site is because we prefer not to make anything out of the vinyl material unless we have a VacMold set up for the vehicle. We have these molds for Pickups but not for cars. The vinyl material is very hard to shape and in the carpet molds the material does not hold much of a shape. With the weather being hot right now, the mat may lose more of its shape during shipping. If you are to order this in the vinyl it is Non-returnable. It would be left untrimmed and with no holes cut out. It would cost $227.64 before shipping cost. If you have any more questions about our products, you may reach us at 1-800-633-2358 and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Auto Custom Carpets
Phone: 1-800-633-2358
Fax: 1-800-516-8274
www.accmats.com"

Both of my A's received the base models' rubber flooring in place of the carpeting .
Back in the 90's , stripped-down model Darts ( 170's , Specials , Customs ) and Valiants / Dusters were filling pick-a-part 'yards .
I helped myself to a black set for my '72 Swinger ( from a '70 340 Swinger :sad7: ) , and my '73 Duster got the black-with-blue-speckles set
( from a '71 Duster 340 :cry: ) . In both cases , I removed the jute backing ; I cleaned-up both sets by using a liberal application of waterless hand cleaner and a tyre scrub brush .

The reason why I replaced the carpeting with the rubber material is because the Dart had a weather leak which would soak the carpet
( talk about a rust causer ! ) , and the Duster had cigarette burns all over the trans tunnel and driver's side .

I actually prefer rubber flooring to carpeting as it's easy to keep clean and will last MUCH longer than carpet .
My '72 Coronet is going to get rubber flooring as well . Blue Collar work and the resultant work boots are rough on carpet !

The bitchiest part about removing / replacing the flooring is the stupid Torx Bolt which retains the seat belt retractor ! Those damned things are 9.9 times out of 10 locked in place with factory seam sealer or some other **** ; prone to stripping !

Anyone got some photos of the Year One mats ?

Not that I'm wishing anything on you , but I think that you're going to have a hell of a time finding green-specklled rubber flooring .

Most cars came with plain black mats , but I have seen tan , green , blue and black ; and obviously the black-with-blue-specklles one I found for my '73 Duster (albeit , almost 20 years ago ! ).

I think that if there was enough demand , that the o.e.m.-style rubber floor covering could be reproduced .

I'm just gonna get the black ones from Year One for my '72 Coronet .

Not that I'm wishing anything on you , but I think that you're going to have a hell of a time finding green-specklled rubber flooring .

Most cars came with plain black mats , but I have seen tan , green , blue and black ; and obviously the black-with-blue-specklles one I found for my '73 Duster (albeit , almost 20 years ago ! ).

I think that if there was enough demand , that the o.e.m.-style rubber floor covering could be reproduced .

I'm just gonna get the black ones from Year One for my '72 Coronet .

I'd be interested in your opinions on the fit of the YearOne unit once you get it installed. Acc Mats supplies them to YO and they don't even like making them because they don't hold their shape (see post eighteen). Keep us posted.

I have one out of a green 74 gold duster....I just never thought they were that sought after... I'm in Casron City NV.... what do you want to pay for it??? I've never sold one.

Jeff-

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back