-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one of those from a 61 slant 6

$25 if you want to buy it.

Attachments

• downdraft tube.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 220
Do you have a pic of the inside where it ataches to the valve cover.
Does it have a PVC or just a spring ?
Ive never actually seen one of these in person.

It does not have PCV. It is in effect, "OCV" or "open crankcase ventilation. There is a baffle inside the cap to keep oil from being slung out the pipe, and that's it.

It does not have PCV. It is in effect, "OCV" or "open crankcase ventilation. There is a baffle inside the cap to keep oil from being slung out the pipe, and that's it.
x2....plus if you look at the original drawing there is a little piece of metal on the bottom, that creates a low presure area at the bottom of the tube causing a slight vacume at the opening. you can see in the pitcure chignikred posted, it looks like it had it but is missing.:thumbrig:

Ok the road tube is cool although not so good effort at ventlation. However, check out the slant six picture! Check the valve cover, the alternator on the drivers side, the lack of a boss on the head for a alt mount, the block differences, etc! Ain't never seen one of those before!

Careful, you need to specify whether you need the road draft tube for an LG (170) or an RG (198/225) block. They're not the same. I have several road draft tubes, pretty sure I have at least one LG and one RG. Send a PM if you're still in need.

If you are missing that end venturi piece, my Ford 312 had the same contraption on it, the end had a 45 degree cut on the backside so the air rushing past it would pull the gas out of it. Did jack standing still, but at least it was in the fan wash. This one is out in right field! dig that funky valve cover!

What funky valve cover? It's a standard '60 item. The '61-'65 items are almost identical, and the '66-'69 items are likewise except the rear chimney is replaced by a grommeted hole.

Do you mean the decal? If so, see here.

Dan,
Can you post a pic of the inside of one of these ?
Where it attaches to the valve cover.
Is there anything on the inside of it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back