Warlock Racing Muffler or Flowmaster Original 40 Series??

Warlock Racing Muffler or Flowmaster Original 40 Series?

• Warlock Racing Muffler

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Flowmaster Original 40 Series

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters
-

lemonboy69

It's JUST a Slant Six...
Reaction score
Well, I'm torn guys. I need your help deciding. Both are about the same price (doesn't really matter in my decision anyways)! Lemme get your votes on which way I should go!

I love the flowmaster sound myself. But Im gonna use a set of Force mufflers. they are a F.M. copy and are only $29ea from Summit.

Thanks for the reply guys... going to give this a few days and see what kind of other response I get! :thumblef:

I took my Flowbastards off and went to Dynomax Ultra Flos......much better sound and they flow better than the FM's

i like the way my 40's sounds. Havent heard a warlock though

Hmmmm..... interesting to see how the voting is panning out... maybe I should have added an 'Other' option...

I love the sound of my Flowmasters on my drag car. But a little to loud for everyday use. I'm happy with the exhaust & mufflers from TTI on my daily driver car sound good and gets attention but not to loud

This isn't my daily driver, so I'm not too concerned about interior loudness... I'm just looking for something that gives that distinct growl and rumble... love the looks people give when they hear loud pipes!

40 are 2 chambers and the 50s are 3. The extra chamber should make the muffler quieter but they dont make much of a differance.

AdamR said:
I love the flowmaster sound myself. But Im gonna use a set of Force mufflers. they are a F.M. copy and are only $29ea from Summit.

How close do these Force mufflers sound compared to FM's Adam? I just want a nice loud rumble... :thumblef: :D

They are Flowmasters. When F.M. released the DeltaFlows they let the copyright run out on the original version of the muffler so force started selling copies.

Well... after considering everything everybody has said, and Adam mentioning the Force mufflers. I think I'm going to go that route. Get the el cheapo Flowmaster knock-offs! :D

Thanks for the help on this guys... I'll get before and after video sound clips so you all can hear the difference!! :thumblef:

a good friend of mine owns a muffler shop.
We compared the "cheapo Force" to the Flowmaster side by side. on two
stock 350 Chevys. The Flowmaster was definately in my opinion and my freinds a better sounding muffler. The Force may look similar, but they are not. Still not a bad sounding muffler, but it was quieter, and didnt have what we call the Flowmaster "whistle". (if you own a flowmaster you know what we mean) If it were I, I'd say save up the a few bucks and get the Flowmasters....but thats me.
I hate.......the sound of Warlocks myself. they sound sloppy on the vehicles I heard them on.
Cheap is cheap and $$ is better.

for whatever its worth, the comparison was done.

-RPM

lemonboy69 said:
The parts have been ordered and should be here in about a week. Stupid backorder...

What'd you get and how much? My super 40s were $147 for the pair, shipped, 3", off eBay :thumblef:

GoodysGotaCuda said:
What'd you get and how much? My super 40s were $147 for the pair, shipped, 3", off eBay :thumblef:

how does the super 40 sound compared to the 3" 40 series deltaflow ?

GoodysGotaCuda said:

Well... Summit is my new best friend!! (minus the backorder part...) Just looked at my order status and the muffler won't get here until the end of June. Looks like they're outta stock and really back ordered. The tank will get here the first week of June... I've never had this happen with Summit before... :wack:

Here's what I ended up buying....

Force Racing Muffler - 2.5"
frc-5001_m.jpg

Stainless Coolant Overflow Tank
sum-300102_w.jpg

lemonboy69 said:
Well... Summit is my new best friend!! (minus the backorder part...) Just looked at my order status and the muffler won't get here until the end of June. Looks like they're outta stock and really back ordered. The tank will get here the first week of June... I've never had this happen with Summit before... :wack:

Here's what I ended up buying....

Force Racing Muffler - 2.5"
frc-5001_m.jpg

Stainless Coolant Overflow Tank
sum-300102_w.jpg

Does jegs sell those? if so i would be canelling those mufflers from summit in a hurry :wack:

I ordered the Warlock mufflers for my 63. The Max Wedge style exh is about $1000. big ones !!! Way to rich for me so I ordered the 3" H-pipe and pipes from Jegs and I will make my own exh. And since the Warlock have the cutouts you can open up kinda like the old Max Wedfe exh I went with them. I heard they sound good and I will open the cutouts at the track and have a straight thru pipe. Ron

-
Back