Warranty motors have #s

-

71Demon

Reaction score
I found a 69 340 dart with a motor and 4 speed trans that have no VIN#s on them. I was told it was a dealer installed motor for warranty work. Did they do this? Could this be??

Thats how they did it. Kinda peculiar that neither of them have Vin's though. I would try to research the history of the car a little and definitely check the dash vin, fender tag and body numbers and take a look at any paper work available.

Yup, but make sure you are looking for the VIN in all the right spots. For example…… If the original 340 was replaced with a used 68, 340 the vin may be here.

Attachments

• DSCVinLocation.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 154
Thanks I'll look at the 68 location. Did they do the washer on all of the 340 cars? I don't think this one has it.

Thanks I'll look at the 68 location. Did they do the washer on all of the 340 cars? I don't think this one has it.

We had a big thread on this. From what I remember most (but maybe not all) got the washer.

It also looks like the washer thing started sometime late 68 or early 69.

Your vin will clarify the original engine option.

Oh this great! Now I know where to look to find the vin numbers on the block. Now I'll know what E body my motor came out of

The pic I posted accurate for 68, I think the vin location changed position after that.

Dang! You did that on purpose just to get my hopes up didn't you. I'm just messin with you, got any ideas where they might be for the e body 340s?

I've heard the the warranty motors with the correct year date on the casting are very popular. Some people were paying big bucks for the correct engine size (matching the fender tag) then stamping the correct numbers to match the VIN.

-
Back