was for sale

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
Well I had kinda offered this 72 demon up for sale with no serious bites on the car but now I have started working on it and decided that I'm gonna keep it.I had been gathering parts for about 8 months or so for the car and hadn't been getting very far with it.got a major project done last week and finally had some shop space ,time and some parts to work with so I pulled the demon in the shop and started the attack,cleaning and fixing the interior parts then started aligning the front clip and finding all the missing pieces to put demon front on it.when I got the car it had 73 duster parts from the front bumper back to the doors and complete 73 duster interior,although not correct I like it and gonna keep it on there for now.I have never seen a car that was truly rust free.....till now after gutting the interior to start the cleanup and looking over the floorpans and such.

d e mon.JPG

demonfloor.JPG

demonguts.JPG

demontrunk.JPG

holy crap....rust free what is that.....Damn NY salt.....nice ride keep it going..if I could get off this site i could get my car going LOL

played some more with the demon saturday,trying to fix broken grilles to hopefully come up with something suitable for the car,I have a 72 grille for it but it is missing headlight bezels and is broken all the way across the bottom,then I got a 71 grille that is missing paking light lense for pass side and both bezels and also broken in several places.so i kinda hit a standstill and went looking for some parts to deal with the busted old missing pieces grille delemmna,went to pats to see if he had some loose pieces parts and when he didn't have any loose parts was kinda stuck for the moment then he pulls out a complete spare grille for his demon and hands it to me :cheers:! Holy Crow!!Thank's Pat Dawg!!!! any way after some cleaning and wetsanding and a lil body work on a chip or two I find myself in the kitchen taping off the new silver basecoat to recreate the factory fresh look to this grille.was tedious work but I think you guy's will like the results,yea it looked good without the clear coat but I went for the shiy look in the end...here's some pic's.will post more when I have some more progress.

nicedemongrillefrompat.JPG

grilleinsilver.JPG

parkinglightintape.JPG

grilleintape.JPG

alltapedup.JPG

blackgrille.JPG

awesomeresults.JPG

waggin, That Demon is clean.........

Interesting that someone put Duster parts on it. Usually, it's the other way around. :rolleyes:

well If Ya'll wan't your grilles or parts like that done too I guess no problem :) send me an e mail to [email protected] and I guess I will have to find the correct paints to use for the diffrent parts,for my stuff I just use whatever I have that makes me happy,I'm not that picky just as long as it looks nice to me!!!!I have about five hours into the grille and the bezals and parking light lenses including the chip repair and paint time but the grille was in excellent shape to start with.i also play around with stainless steel repairing and polishing,the yellow 72 dart that was on the cover of mopar muscle magazine....i did the trim for the rear window for richard and he loved it!!!

well worked on the demon some more today,hooked up all the kickdown linkage throttle cable and checked over everything in the wiring and double checked all the nuts and bolts and fluids and fired it up and broke in the new cam and lifters and all went well till it was time to bring it back down to an idle,I had to shut it off and cover the carb because it puked out of the radiator everywhere,needs a thermostat,got that done and changed the oil gave her a bath and took er for a ride,all was good till I tested the kickdown linkage,I mashed it to the floor and saw the shifter handle move forward and got off the gas,it went to reverse and shut down the engine,nuthing hurt so went back to the shop and back up on the stands...the shifter linkage was bent upward into the kickdown linkage,streightened that and all good now,tested out good too,then started chasing down all the lighting in the car seeing what does/ does not work,fixed tag light dome light map light brake lights blinkers and all checked out with a few new bulbs turned on the headlights,high and low all good but no front marker or parking lightschanged h light switch,nuthing pulled instrument panel and found yellow with black tracer to h light switch had been cut hooked it back up and dead short to ground,took all tape carefully off of the complete harness and found nothing wrong,retaped it all neatly back.then moved under the hood again to take a second look found the culprit,the wires in front of the radiator support were pinched byt the bolt that holds the horns on,repaired the pinched wires and good to go!!!now all I need to finish it up is to replace a few intrument panel ligh bulbs and sockets and put the dash pad column and cluster back in.

demoncambreakin.JPG

bootyshots.JPG

baby'sfirstbath.JPG

kewltag.JPG

Thats the whole idea!!! I started looking on this site at the cars and the progress pics of peoples projects and got inspired to do more and more!! and have learned a lot from reading the words of wisdom from all the great members of this site,I enjoy sharing the how to pics and whatever I can do to help others as they do for everyone,I have almost finished 3 cars from the ground up and the motivation mostly comes from this site.so if this doesn't motivate you find a close friend or family member and have em give ya good swift kick in the right direction and get to it!!!!!!!!!I build and repair most everything that I can,I'm on a shoestring budget but thru horse trading and being careful with what fund's I have I am able to do something I truly love to do,and again a big thank's to all the members here at f.a.b.o.for everything you all do to help each other you guy's Rock!!! :cheers:
Coming along nicely; not to mention inspirational!

waggin...... It looks like you've found the front sheetmetal to put it back to being a Demon. Nice job on the grill 8) What color is that....rear pic looks like Petty Blue, but other pics appear like B5...?

Congrats & keep up the great work. :toothy10::toothy10:

C

Waggin,it,s a good thing your not paying someone to go overthe car and fix all the little things$$.I,m also like you,reading and learning and building my cars.If it wasn,t for this site,I,d be lost on some things but am pretty good on my own.Nowhere near as talented as you!I hate bodywork but will do it if I had to,on my own cars!Keep up the great work!!What,s next?I,d stash that car,it,s clean!

it's just some flako mako paintjob color,car was originally green,not sure what color I will paint it,will just have to see what is laying around the shop that I like,It's a nuthin fancy,not numbers matching,somebody changed a bunch of stuff on it,to expensive to restore old 318 demon......sooooo i guess it'll be ok to do the car up as I see fit type of car(hmmmm just the kind of car I like!!!) it will have black factory type stripes down the side and the tailpanel as I had purchaced them when I first got the car and decided to take all the duster stuff back off it.I'm gonna order the demon decals for the fenders and the rump and not sure what else I will do to it other than dual hoodscoops that will be on the way soon.after a few bugs got worked out I took it for a test drive and was quite happy with it's road manners,p.o. had replaced front end parts but I will realign the front end soon to specs that I like and maybe small bolt disc brakes after I tear them down and inspect them out I will probably install those,

Ooop's thats the back of the duster Lol it's plum crazy purple LoL couldn't resist showing off my tag LoL I hope nobody steals my identity(then again maybe that would be a good thing) they can take over my bill's and my kid's
waggin...... It looks like you've found the front sheetmetal to put it back to being a Demon. Nice job on the grill 8) What color is that....rear pic looks like Petty Blue, but other pics appear like B5...?

Congrats & keep up the great work. :toothy10::toothy10:

C

Good thing it's already a 2 door............:smilebox:

I'm glad my spare Demon grille has a good home on your car. You did a great job making it look like new You never fail to help me out when I need something too. You are the man!
Pat

-
Back