Was rummaging thru a box of old photo's...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And I found pics of my 1st and 3rd Dusters. I still have the 2nd. Till this day I regret selling my 70 that I'm leaning on. Yes I ran that day and NO I didn't win anything BUT I defeated every Chebbie in my heat. Lost to a Dart with a 383 that nothing short of a Nuclear device or him breaking something would have helped me win. Had just came back from overseas and this was my first outing to (now closed) Alamo Dragway. EDIT: Note the E.T. slip (12.03 @ 117 mph) in my shirt pocket. No traction!
View attachment 70 Duster.jpg
My faded maroon Duster pic was taken at Ft. Hood TX around 1983 or so. Can see my barracks in the background. Though sorta ugly this was an original 340 4 speed car. No AC, deluxe stereo and bucket seats.
View attachment 73 Duster.jpg

Spent A LOT of Coin on that 70 but hey, young and hardly anything that resembled a bill.... You know the drill!

I wonder if I could just move this?

Spent A LOT of Coin on that 70 but hey, young and hardly anything that resembled a bill.... You know the drill!

I wonder if I could just move this?

I would leave this thread, its cool, just add your pics to the other thread too, the other link has some cool stuff if you have the time to search it :glasses7:

Thanks again for sharing :D

BTW, even though you lost that race, you lost to another Mopar so its all good, way to slaughter those Shivvys lol

That's beautiful, M/T..... Sometimes, you need to remember ,where you came from .I appreciate this ,to no end,and Thank You. (I liked the spring relocation post,on yours now.)....

That's beautiful, M/T..... Sometimes, you need to remember ,where you came from .I appreciate this ,to no end,and Thank You. (I liked the spring relocation post,on yours now.)....

Man I'll be so glad when I'm done with that one!!!! :violent1:

Hey Trevor, that Alamo isn't the one I used to pass on, what is that 410, coming down from Seguin toward San Antone is it, I thought that was open when I used to come by there, just up the road a piece from the Petro that we stopped at?

Nice Duster BTW, ain't it time to get back in the saddle???

Spring relocation eh? I've been contemplating that myself, got the SS springs, just need the kit.

Good post and great memories, MT.
What engine did the '70 have?
C

Cool pics; thank you for bringing back some memories for me. Thank you for your service as well.

Cool pictures MT ! Thanks for sharing them . I've been going threw some of my old pictures myself and trying to get them downloaded on the computer . As you already know , There's a lot of memories with some of our rides and I totally understand about kicking yourself about the 70 . For me it was a 69 Charger . Do you know what ever happened to yours and were it might be now ?

Thanks for sharing your pics MT! It's always nice to rummage through the old pics to spark up those past memories!

John

Cool photos...I lived in San Marcos, TX for a years when i was 18-21 years old. Ran my '70 Dart down there at Alamo Dragway once for fun with a bunch of friends in 1984. Still have my first Snap-on Tool box with the Alamo dragway bumper sticker on it in my garage! I added some flames to the Dart later.

Attachments

• Doug - Alamo Dragway 1970 Dodge Dart.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 322
  • 1970_Dodge_Dart.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 323
Hey Trevor, that Alamo isn't the one I used to pass on, what is that 410, coming down from Seguin toward San Antone is it, I thought that was open when I used to come by there, just up the road a piece from the Petro that we stopped at?
That's San Antonio Raceway. That's the new digs, the old "Smokin" Alamo Dragway was a well worn dragstrip next to the roundy round track on Hwy 16S going out of town on the Southside but it was all we had!

Nice Duster BTW, ain't it time to get back in the saddle???
Hopefully fall of next year...

Spring relocation eh? I've been contemplating that myself, got the SS springs, just need the kit.
I got a post in here somewhere with pics from stem to stern but I can't find the post.

-
Back