Was this ever popular?

-
I forgot to add this one.:D:burnout:

Attachments

• Gran Coupe 70 Alpine frontside 001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 677
memike, I absolutely and totally agree with your view. I too have always built good to great handling vehicles with a lower sense for gravity. Every one of my street cars since the 60's onward were first setup to handle, after which were simply faster getting from point A to point B without incidents. A modified well adjusted suspension, braking and lightweight along with a high powered engine is all one needs..

My small block dart looks like that today. Wheel openings cut out to ss with 002/003 ss springs with 15x10 295-50-15 tires. Rims have 4" rearspace and they only stick out about a inch and a half per side.

So true HotLines, one day this little lady will have a front sway bar and new rear spring, very soon I hope :cheers:
She sets abought right for my country curves and bad road driving :D
As you can see my car stays level as I park on an un-level drive way.
T-bars are doing there job. nice and light 2.717 lbs loaded :happy1:

Attachments

• PEACH%20ORCHARD%202010%20ramcharger%20003.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 335
I've never liked the look either. Maryland cops would nail you for it. When I went to the big shows in Maryland, all I saw were 1970-72 chevelles red with black stripes and all kinds of chevies with a hole cut in the hood and the carb jacked up with spacers so it would stick out the hole. Down here in Florida you see all kinds of things like old 80's camaros running around with no hood. The trucks have that look here too. Some toyota pos with those rock flinging redneck tires put a big chip in my truck's windshield.

I am like Lance and think the "stinkbug" look is still cool! And, to top it all off..... If I had any hair left, I would still be sporting a mullet too!! lol

Attachments

• JoeDirtDaytona.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 457
Oh Yeah,....with traction bars and cherry bombs,....Big bias ply's like big hair inna 80's.......traction in the rain?,...yeah, right...

I am like Lance and think the "stinkbug" look is still cool! And, to top it all off..... If I had any hair left, I would still be sporting a mullet too!! lol

and , yes , i still have a pair of N50-15 Kelly Supercharger meats lol

Attachments

• a282 copy.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 416
...Ahh ... life was good back then (I think).

Here is an early eighties image. Notice the air shocks, slapper bars and 14" x 10" aluminum slots with M50-14 tires. Check out my chrome cover for my 8.25. I didn't know about a pinion snubber. Money was tight back then... still is LOL! :roll:

Attachments

• Phase I 10.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 322
I remember in the 90's it got popular again but I still prefer them tucked underneath.

L60/15's on 8.5" rims out back, and G60/15's on 6.5" rims up front.

Yes, it was very popular back in the day, my day. ;)

The Hemi Darts had the big rear wheel wells and the quarter was higher than normal so you could stick those tires in there.

Attachments

• DSC04578 (1024x742).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC04576 (1024x722).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC04575 (1024x768).jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC04559 (1024x698).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 403
Oh Yeah,....with traction bars and cherry bombs,....Big bias ply's like big hair inna 80's.......traction in the rain?,...yeah, right...
I never got into the loud exhaust craze, but my '68 Mustang had L-60s on it in the mid '80s:D

Don't remember what size tires but had 10" cragers on the rear of my 72 Challenger for a while

I LIKED IT, and on the right car still do.

In 74 one of the upperclassman in auto mech school had a 67 Cougar with a 428 and deep dish all the way around. The tires stuck out front and rear about 2"

LOVED THE CAR AND LOOK

Ended up with 7" centered American Racing Vector wheels on the Challenger. 275/60/15 would fit inside the wheel wells without the rear jacked up and 235/60/15 on the front. The car looked the best this way, drove great.

Today my cars will sit flat, no air shocks, no lower front, just like it should sit. Had air shocks and deep dish on the Dart in the 90's but when it went back together air shocks were sold, deep dish traded for shallow.

I also had hair down on my shoulders back then too, don't want that now either.

N50/15s jack the *** end up to clear them, cut off the exhaust before the y pipe stick on some thrush round glasspacks get some coeragated exhaust pipe to run dumps in front of rear wheels,add a set of yellow traction bars and a chrome air cleaner,yellow wires,flex fan and a bunch of performance part stickers and your cool.

I still like the look...as long as it's not too high. Managed to get the dart down a little after getting some narrower wheels.

Attachments

• 875pixl.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 222
-
Back