Washs and waxes STUFF THAT WORKS

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I work in the Aviation Industry and see alot of things and rarely do things cross over to my true passion. I was at a show and watched a demo on a product and thought to myself I can find a use for something like that. Its come up here a few times on what works and what products are just a waste of money. I used this stuff and am very impressed with it. No build up from the wax which is great. Stuff was called composiclean. http://composiclean.com.

So that being said what are you using that really works?

This may sound like a commercial but take it for what its worth!! I hate wasting my money on trying stuff only to find out it dosent work.

I use zymol. Never used it on my mopars since the paint jobs on all of them wasn't worth waxing. Its a cleaner wax, but works really well. Smells like coconuts and fruity stuff too so thats a bonus.

It would be nice to have someone who actually knows chemicals say what works and what doesnt. I've been using meguires(sp?) gold class paste wax and cleaner wax forever. Iv'e been living in WA where the weather tends to do a number on paints and wax's though. I also wash my vehicals religously atleast once a week if not 2ce, with wax done every weekend or other weekend...I had to do body work on the rear bumper of my truck last summer and did notice I had to sand through alot of wax though lol. Not sure my opinions worth anything, because ive just based it of of what i percieve works. Zymbol i've used a couple times and seemed to work, well like wax, havnt really noticed one wax being better than another. Though im sure there are some out there that increase survivability of paint, and probably a few that because of certain chemicals harm your paint more than help but i dont know enough to say which.

I used to work for an OEM automotive paint company in the late 90's. Shortly before I left that company they had completed an evaluation on the various waxes and cleaners that were available on the retail market. The reason for the evaluation was to determine the potential ill effects of waxes and cleaners on their OEM grade paint.

They were also looking for a good cleaner/wax to clean up (polish) sun exposure panels (test panels) that were returned for lab evaluation, documentation and eventual submission to an OEM.

The clear winner for the cleaner/ wax portion of the study was NuFinish (orange bottle). This may sound a little like a commercial but I've been using it ever since.

FYI - Subsequent studies show Nu Finish is still the undisputed champion of car waxes today.

my 2 cents

I used to work for an OEM automotive paint company in the late 90's. Shortly before I left that company they had completed an evaluation on the various waxes and cleaners that were available on the retail market. The reason for the evaluation was to determine the potential ill effects of waxes and cleaners on their OEM grade paint.

They were also looking for a good cleaner/wax to clean up (polish) sun exposure panels (test panels) that were returned for lab evaluation, documentation and eventual submission to an OEM.

The clear winner for the cleaner/ wax portion of the study was NuFinish (orange bottle). This may sound a little like a commercial but I've been using it ever since.

FYI - Subsequent studies show Nu Finish is still the undisputed champion of car waxes today.

my 2 cents

hmm interesting always figured that it worked as well as everything else that used infomercials, i remember when they came out they spent a fortune on infomercials....

Thats the trouble with buying new products. They can look really great but in all fairness there isnt a way to see 10 years down the road to see the last effects of it when working with new products.

NU Finish is a Polish. I can remember using that on my car in high school...back in 85...worked well then. It was only available in the bottle then..not that new "cling" stuff.....

Now I use that and Zaino....depends on the vehicle. The Zaino is really good! There are procedures to activate/wiping etc. but once you get that worked out....it is once of the best polishes I've ever used.

Never liked waxes...due to the white residue it leaves on rubber and emblems.

Aloha

I really liked the fact that they give you alot for your money. Most of the stuff they sell is in Quart sized bottles. With most things now the bottles got smaller and the price got bigger.

I like the Nu Finish because it removes light scratches from washing and general wear and tear. It's also easy to use. I'm not a big fan of hand rubbing a finish all day. I've even used it with a polishing wheel and it performed flawlessly.

Nu Finish is also a wax but it doesn't contain silicone. If you have to repaint a panel you just have to wipe the existing paint finish with prep-sol or similar product to remove any wax residue. No fish eyes!!!

As far as leaving a white residue on rubber or plastic trim, you do have to be careful with porous substrates.

I personally evaluate all waxes, polishes, and paint cleaners on a yearly basis for marketing purposes and like I said, Nu Finish continues to perform the best. And it's fairly cheap compared to a few of the other name brands.

I use Nu Finish on all my cars, even the wife's daily driver and will continue to do so until somethinhg better comes along.

Sorry for the 2nd commercial. I just like the stuff!!!

In 10 years I have washed my Demon with soap and water 3 times. I try not to get it filthy. At one of the local hangouts there was a guy with a black BMW and a silver Mercedes selling this stuff http://www.dwgint.net/esuite/home/vmcvay/ I bought a bottle 10 years ago and have just ran out.

My Demon has an enamel finish - no base clear. Does it work? You tell me...

Wylde1.

003.jpg

004.jpg

-
Back