Waste of my money...

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Well guess what I did!?!? I bought not so long ago that under dash vents for an a/c car which came with the a/c box compressor and condensor the blower yadda yadda...not knowing my car wastn an a/c car....since im a total noob i thought my car had a/c it just wasnt working for cold air hahaha...so i wasted 110 dollar for these used parts

Now...what should I do? Is there anyway of making my non ac car into an ac...is it difficult, and expensive? is it worth it? Would it be just a waste of money since cars actually have windows where air can come in from? haha

Or should I just leave it as a non a/c car and sell all those parts?

Feedback please! Thanks :violent1:

hi germ. dont even attempt it. you will go broke and go out of your mind trying to locate the parts. change the whole wiring harness. etc
you want a/c ,buy a a/c car
hope fully i helped you stay sane. john :violent1: :poke:

well it DOES get hot out there in Spring Valley.....

however, i do remember a time when all we had was 4X60 AC.....
4 windows and 60 mph.

seems like you could go either way.....i am A/C free, but i am closer to the water....by the airport.....

long way to go to get A/C in a non-A/C car.....but who knows....might be able to spend the money on something more "pressing"

this weekend may be a gauge of what you should do....it's supposed to be hot and summer like this weekend, so i'd try to see what this weekend tells you...

blind, never advises, just says hi! :glasses1:

limelite70 said:
hi germ. dont even attempt it. you will go broke and go out of your mind trying to locate the parts. change the whole wiring harness. etc
you want a/c ,buy a a/c car
hope fully i helped you stay sane. john :violent1: :poke:

Phewf...thanks for the feedback haha, I was going into a deep sadness knowing what an error i made lol but atleast i know i shouldnt deal with it, so I will probly sell the stuff...thanks

blind_in_1_ear said:
well it DOES get hot out there in Spring Valley.....

however, i do remember a time when all we had was 4X60 AC.....
4 windows and 60 mph.

seems like you could go either way.....i am A/C free, but i am closer to the water....by the airport.....

long way to go to get A/C in a non-A/C car.....but who knows....might be able to spend the money on something more "pressing"

this weekend may be a gauge of what you should do....it's supposed to be hot and summer like this weekend, so i'd try to see what this weekend tells you...

blind, never advises, just says hi! :glasses1:

Hey BLIND! Man its good to head from a mopar fan around San Diego, although I currently stay in Orange County, been here for a few months and going back to SD in like 2 weeks or so...

And to be honest Im sadened, not because of going back to SD, but because I know of a guy over here in OC that has knowledge in rebuilding engines and stuff and since im leaving I wont be able to have him a help...Im hoping in finding a mentor who can guide me thrugh my project in SD, anyone out there????

BLIND? lol :poke:

Too bad on those parts. yeah, I agree, too much work for most people. I'd sell them off. If you really want AC it would be easier to install an aftermarket Vintage Air kit.(probably more relaible too).

-
Back