Watched a good movie last night-Flash of genius

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
Its from 2008 but I had never heard of it. Its a real feel good story about the little guy, teacher/inventor Robert Kearns, sticking it to the man. I am going to order it on dvd today. It would be interesting to know the non-hollywood story also. Im sure some of you might remember this from when it happened, I was still a young boy. It only got a 2.5 star rating but I will give it :thumblef::thumleft:.

Bad part was he lost his wife through it all but im sure this made a impact on how the auto industry operates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_of_Genius_(film)

I agree, it is a terrific movie. I don't remember hearing anything about the story, which ends in about 1982 at that time. But as for the film - which was made in Toronto, I have one interesting story. In 2008, I responded to an ad, looking to rent pre 82 cars for a coming film. I was curious, so I called, to see if they would use my white '82 Cordoba. I was told they don't want white cars, as they are too difficult to film! They used a beige one instead. If you watch the movie, look how many Mopars they used. One last thing - Why did Chrysler pay Kearns more than Ford ?

Thats pretty cool YellowDart69. I did notice a few Mopars. The test car for the court room scene was a 66/67 plymouth. It would be interesting to know about the Chrysler deal. They probably infringed on more patents. I think he did the right thing not settling. 29 million is still alot of cash, especially in 1982!

-
Back