Water dripping through firewall behind the dash

-
It's very likely coming from the wiper post seals and gaskets.
I agree. My first car, a '72 Demon 340 did that every time it rained, but not at the level you described. Took it to the dealer multiple times for the issue, never did solve it. And I'm sure that they checked because a couple of their technicians were friends of mine from high school.

Don't know when Chrysler Corporation finally determined what the problem was, but it's a known issue with A body cars.

I have the solution, do what I do. Don't drive your car in the rain and don't wash your car the traditional way. That is, don't use a hose to wash and rinse. I just wipe mine off with a damp towel.

I have the solution, do what I do. Don't drive your car in the rain and don't wash your car the traditional way. That is, don't use a hose to wash and rinse. I just wipe mine off with a damp towel.
In 1972, when I bought the car, the dealership thought it was leaking around the windshield. They checked every time I took it in and resealed it but that didn't fix it.

Shumacher has the wiper seal kits to fix the problem, not very hard to replace them.

Shumacher has the wiper seal kits to fix the problem, not very hard to replace them
DMT also has the kit.

Wiper Pivot R&R and Zerk Install

Also I replaced the steering column seal without removing the column

I cut the seal on one side at an angle ( the inside of the cut was higher than the outside of the cut.

I loosened the column mounting screws at the floor and at the dash. I removed the old foam gasket put the new gasket in place and used crazy glue to join the cut ends back together.

Bolted it all back together

No leaks from there

-
Back