Water in #5

-

chrgdrt

Reaction score
Well I found the source of the leak, pin hole in the cylinder wall but I also noticed a couple of cracks at the two lower head bolt holes into the water jacket. If it was just the cylinder I’d sleeve it but the cracks at the bolt holes deem this block either a coffee table or a planter unless anyone has a fix for it. BTW this is a 340 block.

I tried to upload the pics of the bolt holes but it says they’re too large. Any help with it is appreciated.
Gary

IMG_1716.jpeg

Well I found the source of the leak, pin hole in the cylinder wall but I also noticed a couple of cracks at the two lower head bolt holes into the water jacket. If it was just the cylinder I’d sleeve it but the cracks at the bolt holes deem this block either a coffee table or a planter unless anyone has a fix for it. BTW this is a 340 block.

I tried to upload the pics of the bolt holes but it says they’re too large. Any help with it is appreciated.
Gary

View attachment 1716275786

That’s a bummer. Pretty rare to see a 340 block break there.

My son fixes many destroyed blocks . Spray weld if they are broke $$$ or pin punch the cracks. He even spray welds lifter bores back in when they are no where to be found. Some repairs are done fresh out of the oven. He also has welded top fuel Hemis back together. All Machine work is done after repairs. SK Machine.

It should not have used water, it freezes then expands, thus cracking the block.

My son fixes many destroyed blocks . Spray weld if they are broke $$$ or pin punch the cracks. He even spray welds lifter bores back in when they are no where to be found. Some repairs are done fresh out of the oven. He also has welded top fuel Hemis back together. All Machine work is done after repairs. SK Machine.
Does he work on Chevy stuff? My dad has a 292 six cylinder block that needs work.

-
Back