Water Leak around Tail Lights

-

ninoshrv

Reaction score
Hello all...I have a slight leak around my tail lights. I have replaced the tail light seals but the leak still trickles to the trunk. It seems as though the factory seals just arent doing the job. Do you all have any recommendations of any types of sealant than can be used to seal the lights up? Thanks

I got my tail-light gaskets from Detroit Muscle and believe their,s are quite abit thicker than stock.Might be worth the $20 to change them.Good luck.

Is that on the Duster/Dart Sport in your picture? What year is it? I have a new set of DMT's for a '72 Duster. They were too thick for me to use. I ended up buying a coil of closed cell foam tape at the local Ace and was able to get mine sealed up.
If you are interested in the DMT gaskets I have shoot me a PM.
C

Dum Dum works pretty good too. So does the glue-in windshield goop.

Keep in mind that sometime in the future you will want to be able to remove that light assembly. If it is goobered up with a lot of sticky stuff it ain’t coming apart willingly. Try to use gasket material first to solve the problem.

That's why I like the ones I mentioned as they stay pliable, and in most cases, reusable.

-
Back