Water Leaks

-

74 DART'

Reaction score
My dart has water leaking onto the front floor boards during heavy rains. Ive replaced the wiper pivot seals with the kit from schumacer. Ive cleaned out the cowl drains but it still leaks. Was thinking it must be the winshield gasket? Also my car is missing the chrome trim around the winshield, should this matter ? I would think the weatherstrip should still seal without the chrome trim. Any ideas? Thanks

Try using a garden hose with a nozzle that you can get a high pressure spray from, either you or a helper get in the car so when you soak the car with the hose you might be able to see where it's coming from. Good luck.

thats exactly what i did to find where the water leaks were in my scamp...really the only way your going to truly find where its coming from...good luck

If you're sure you have no rust through down in the cowl area, it's most probably a windshield leak.........Garden hose will do the trick.........watch carefully from inside the car........

If the molding is missing, they've probably tried to fix it already or have put in a new windshield and didn't seat it properly and the moldings were just not put back on..........but the moldings have nothing to do with an actual water seal.

-
Back