Water pump cavitation discs

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Anybody know of a company making the discs that rivet to the back of your water pump impeller to help with cavitation. Summit used to sell them under the "Be Cool" brand for about $5 if I remember right but I can't find them anywhere now. All I can find are water pumps with modified impellers that basically do the same thing for 10-20 times the cost of what those discs sold for.

Just make one. and pop rivet/tack it to the impeller. $5 is pretty cheap !

If I had a way to cut a good clean round disc I would. Not easy to do with std. hand tools and get it right. I'd gladly give $5 for one again rather than go through the work of trying to make one.

Not impossible. rough cut, drill 3/8 pilot hole in the "middle", chuck a bolt with nut in a drill press and hit the turning disk with a cut off disk/grinder wheel slowly until you get a nice circle. But handing a $5 over is alot easier, eh? :) We have a place out here called Industrial Metal Supply that sells "rounds" Or this one for $17...'bout the right size....http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-32-156-AL...607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa86003bf

Good idea. Right now my drill press is down due to worn bearings. As soon as I get it up and running I'll have to try that. I don't mind spending the $5-6 they originally sold for but for $17 I'll try to make one. Thanks for the info

-
Back