Water pump pulley 73 400

-

ducter

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas where to get a water pump pulley for a 73 400 bb? Currently has the set up out of the motor home the motor was in and I am swapping over to manual steering, in doing that removing the power steering pump I loose the pulley that was shared with the water pump. I need a recessed pulley from a car motor that I can then run it with the alternator. I have ran a wanted ad but just dont think its a very common part.

There are so many variations of pulleys for big blocks and as you note those that accommodate PS delete are really rare. When I was in the game in the 80s and 90s I had a huge collection of pulleys and even then it was really hard putting together an engine set that aligned perfectly. And if alignment is not right-on you throw belts. So when I started working on a project again after nearly 15 yrs and minus my one-time collection of parts I was happy to find 440Source has two simple pulley and bracket sets, one PS and one alternator only. I got the manual steering kit with alternator, everything lined up, lifesaver...

-
Back