Water Pump Pulley Question

-

Klayton9

Reaction score
I am trying to finish my 74 Duster, but I just realized the water pump pulley from the /6 wont work anymore since I swapped it out for a 318. I do not have AC in the car. So how do I know what water pump pulley I need??? And if anyone can help, can someone help me actually find one? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

try year one or post a want add for one, i KNOW someone here has one laying around

Attachments

• wpp.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 145
  • wpp2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 137
Here is what you need.

pulley3.jpg

If the crank pulley you have is from an a/c car you'll have to replace that also. Make sure you have the correct alt bracket also.

This is the crank pulley you need.
pulley2-1.jpg

And the alt bracket you need.

pulley1-1.jpg

So I am a little confused on exactly what I need? I have to replace everything?

I have been researching a little. I have all the hardware for the alternator and a double groove crankshaft pulley. With power steering and no A/C, does that mean I need a single groove water pump pulley?

You need exactly what I pictured above. Look at the pics of those pulleys I posted. They have the measurements. You can not mix and match the pulleys.

This is how it will look.

DSC02497.jpg

I'm switching to an electric water pump so i'll be getting rid of my water pump pulley. its the single deal like the one pictured above that i overpaid mancini for a few years ago. PM me if you still need one.

I have been researching a little. I have all the hardware for the alternator and a double groove crankshaft pulley. With power steering and no A/C, does that mean I need a single groove water pump pulley?

yes , everyone is showing you what you need. the pic Joe posted is every piece to complete the package. that is exactly how all of mine are set-up with the exception of single groove alternator pulleys

you don't have to buy them new. but the pics i posted are repops of what you need. use the measurements listed in the pictures so you know what your looking for... around here non a/c stuff is impossible to find these days. sure someone on the net will have them laying around...

ok now that i can type since i'm not on my phone anymore.. yes you have to change the pulley's in sets..

an a/c crank pulley will not fit with a non a/c water pump pulley.

an a/c water pump pulley won't line up belt wise with a non a/c crank pulley..

sure you can mix and match things but then you'll be shimming crap all over the place, stuff may not turn the proper speeds and you may have a throwing belt problem...

OP, you just need the water pump pulley, not the whole frickin set the Joe is pushing..

LOL...spending a hundred and fifty bucks when all he needs is the water pulley is not the way to go..

OP, you just need the water pump pulley, not the whole frickin set the Joe is pushing..

he only needs a wp pulley if he has the non a/c crank pulley.. if he has an a/c crank pulley then the non a/c wp pulley will not fit. i said he could get them used. i posted the repops because the pictures have the pulley diameters in them. so they are posted for reference... but i guess you didn't read my reply very well or you just didn't comprehend what i said. which is it?? re-read post #7 &#10. now what does it say ??? yea, i thought so. i accept your apology :)

2 groove is non-air 3 groove is air

i agree..

on a 70-up a/c car the rear two grooves on the a/c crank pulley will be the same diameter. two belts go around the crank, a/c compressor and the alt. and the front groove is for the water pump, power steering and crank..

Okay, Just went to the garage and looked at my pulleys. My Crank pulley is 3 groove. So that means I need to buy a set of a 2 groove crank pulley and single groove water pump pulley, correct? What about the alternator? Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry for all the questions. Just a young mopar kid trying to figure stuff out

Okay, I just checked and My crank pulley is 3 groove. So that means I need to replace the whole set correct. A 2 groove crank pulley and single groove water pump pulley. Do i need to change anything for the alternator?

If you have a a/c car alt bracket (sounds like you may) then yes you will need the correct bracket.

Again, sorry for another dumb question, but is there anyway I can go look and know which bracket I have? I am trying to figure this stuff ASAP on my own while my dad is at work so we can know what we need to buy. Thank you very much

Is there anyway I can go look and know which bracket I have? Sorry for all the questions

Look at the pics I posted above. That is exactly what you need. Either new or used it doesn't matter. Look at the pics and measurements and get what you need.

-
Back