water pump pulley question

-
That makes it harder as the stock Alternator location will place it one groove shy of lining up with the shallow WP pulley. Even with a DP alternator.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd have to get creative with alternator mounting, but that shouldn't be a problem. Do you know offhand if the 70+ AC w/p pulley would align with the outer groove of the non-A/C crank pulley??

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd have to get creative with alternator mounting, but that shouldn't be a problem. Do you know offhand if the 70+ AC w/p pulley would align with the outer groove of the non-A/C crank pulley??
No I don't think so. If you think about the belt routing on a SB with AC and PS. You have dual belts that go alternator, Compressor and crank. Then you have WP,crank (outer third groove)PS pump.

Boy sure are a lot of posts for a simple solution. Put it back to stock. Proper type fans blade, proper fan clutch, proper shroud, Thermostat, radiator cap, change to a recovery system overflow like all modern cars. Should have no problems. Fans only do work below 40-45 mph after that they are just a drag on your engine. Momentum forces more air thru the radiator than the fan can.

You are on the right track going with the smaller pump pulley. See here:

www.stewartcomponents.com

Not sure what model you have but many were made when leaded petrol was available. The lead helped cool the combustion process.
Smaller pulley. Depends how creative you are & what tools you have. I have many times gone to wrecking yards to find a pulley of the diam I want. I then machine off the pulley section & mate it a factory pulley by machining/welding. Simple job for a machine shop.

Do you happen to have a photo of that pulley set-up? I've been trying locate a set of overdrive pulley myself. Thank you!
I do not have a pic
The factory A/C crank pulley is a monster, very rare and hard to find.
Check out March pullies I believe they have a small diameter water pump pulley.

The thing that I don't get is why would Chrysler make the pulleys rotate at such a slow rate to begin with?

U can get smaller aftermarket pulleys. This 5 7/8s x 2 7/8s. Not quite what ur looking for. Kim

3BD4EC95-8B7D-4C8B-9D1D-888B81EF0CD0.jpeg

629632A1-132E-4960-BD17-3537B34B2384.jpeg

-
Back