Water pump pulley question

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
Trying to hook up my water pump and alternator and ran into a few problems. The water pump pulley runs on the outer two grooves and the alternator runs on the inner grooves. Is there a water pump pulley with a larger offset that will work or am i forced to out spacers on the alternator to move it out further. The car has no p/s or a/c.

I do not quite understand what you mean?????? Are you referring to trying to reroute the belts? Or are the pulley's just not lining up to connect the belts? Please explain and if you have pics, please post. Oh yeah, Love that avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you are referring to weather the water pump pully can be swapped out for another one with different grooves? My car is a non AC car and I have a double groove water pump pulley that carries the alternator on one groove and the power steering on the other. It kind of sound as though you may have the wrong water pump pulley on the block and you need the one that works on engines without power steering or AC.

that is exactly it, i have no power steering so i need the water pump pulley to line up with the alternator

The alt should line up with the water pump pulley. Four grooves on crank were 1 p/s 1 air pump 2 ac/ alt. in that order p/s next to block. Non ac cars had one belt for the water pump and alt, one belt for p/s.

-
Back