water pump swap?

-

RH62

Reaction score
if i change my water pump from the early cast iron with the outlet on the drivers side to the later aluminum with outlet on the passenger side will the same pullys and brackets work and line up correctly. also will the same timing cover work or will that have to be changed too?
thanks in advance for any info.
Rich

thx, the radiator i knew about but the timing cover wasnt sure. You know if the pullys and brackets will all still work or will they have to come off a later car?

Pretty sure the brackets and pulleys be the same

I did this several years ago and all brackets and pulleys will work fine (not sure about a/c ). Kept the same radiator too. As for the timing cover , since the ad/ret numbers were on the cover and only the tdc line on the damper , I made matching marks on the other side of the t/cover and all works fine. The lower hose was modified like this (____
)
to fit my radiator (hope you understand my pic)

you will need to switch over to later pulleys and brackets, timing cover and damper. Just did a 69 dart.

I just did this to my 440. All my brackets and pulleys worked but my timing marks on my timing cover is blocked a bit.

-
Back