water spots .

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
on certain angles in the sun I can see water spots on my car I tried waterless clay bar lube and a fine clay bar the spots just wont come off I tried all I know of short of a buff . the car is shiny and beautiful but on certain angles their still there and it bugs the **** out of me . any ideas ? thanks .

If the water spots are light you can get away with buffing it with a finish polish like 3M's #2. But if they are the gnarly etched spots then your looking at heavy compound buffin. Hopefully someone else knows of a miracle water spot remover that doesn't require a buffer

Dry your car well after washing and also try Mothers Instant detailer which used to be Showtime, sure leaves mine spotless. I just thought, those spots might be acid rain and are probably under the wax if you have any on. ((Sand blasting will also remove those darn spots)). :mad::poke:

Try 1:1 mixture of white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle. Rub it in with towel and will get rid of all wax and water marks. Rinse with water and dry. Then wax car. It works for me.

Last edited:
Try 1:1 mixture of white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle. Rub it in with towel and will get rid of all wax and water marks. Rinse with water and dry. Then wax car. It works for me.
That was going to be my exact reply! It works great. If this is a persistent issue check out the device that Griots garage sells that conditions your water from your house spigot. It's kind of pricey but works awesome.

I had "water spots" on my side mirrors and my factory tinted side windows on the Town and Country. I tried everything including a razor blade to get them off. No dice! Im sure paint is different but Im thinking they were not water spots but delamination of the glass itself? Vinegar is some powerful stuff, so many uses.

-
Back