water temp sunpro gauge

-

rm69dart

Reaction score
hello everybody,

i have a sunpro water temp gauge its mechanical where can these be installed and i also want the dash gauge functional.

:help:

smallblock? think so since it´s in the sb section...

the factory temp gauge get´s it´s value from a sensor located in the water channel from the right cylinder head to the thermostat (front of the intake, passenger side). Take a look if there are some other plugs (most intakes have some more plugs, especially aftermarket) where your new sensor can be put in. the drivers side is ok, too.

Post a pic from the actual intake, then we can tell you where to put the new sensor. Sometimes it requires adapters between the thread sizes.

Michael

Most small block intakes lack any kind of port to install a mechanical gauge. It sucks. Some factory 4bbl intakes have an additional port, but most (factory and aftermarket) don't.

The old way it was done was to use adapters in the intake manifold. IMO, this was ugly, but the only way it could be done. On a Chevy engine, it is on the side of the engine into the block, out of the way and neat looking.

What is the exact name of the sensor, I broke the top of my sensor off in the block, and I am trying to retrieve the bottom half of it.

Thanks

The old way it was done was to use adapters in the intake manifold. IMO, this was ugly, but the only way it could be done. On a Chevy engine, it is on the side of the engine into the block, out of the way and neat looking.

Most chevy small block water necks/thermostat housings also have a port in them for a mechanical gauge. which ironically enough will fit some small block and big block mopars.

-
Back