Water valve for Sanden upgrade

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
I was looking at several pictures of A/C upgrades in A Bodies to Sanden compressors among others, and noticed the water valve was missing and the lines went straight to the expansion valve and evaporator. I may just be mistaken because looking at my service manual, 68 Darts had the water valve on the fender while B Bodies were on the firewall. Can someone who's done an A/C upgrade let me know if the water valve stays stock or if the upgrade does away with it for some other setup? I’m looking at one on a parts car for a backup should mine fail at some point but didn’t want to buy it if I don’t need it later. And I’m going from 225 to 383, if that changes anything too.

Here's a Classic Air setup that uses the Sanden compressor with the valve installed on a Demon....

Attachments

• Demon AC Install June 2012 149.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 150
So that valve is inline just to the heater core? Did that come with a kit from Classic Air?

Yes, inline to the heater core & included in the kit...

I'm thinking the pics you have viewed, where a sanden compressor is, were of complete aftermarket ac system add where factory air was never. Any factory air system will have a hot water cutoff valve. Not all aftermarket systems include the valve.
The hot water cutoff valve is a nice addition with or without ac.

The water valve is used to block the coolant flow into the heater core while the A/C is running so the heater core is not "fighting" against the A/C evaporator...

-
Back