water wetter

-
I have used it. Not exactly sure if it did anything but I am sure it didn't hurt anything. It will not solve a chronic overheating issue but may help if your car runs a tad warmer than you would like.

I have used it. Not exactly sure if it did anything but I am sure it didn't hurt anything. It will not solve a chronic overheating issue but may help if your car runs a tad warmer than you would like.

Ya x2 thing is when one thinks they need that there is a problem.

i have used it with no satisfaction my problem was on a 86 elcamino that had tstat removed so i replaced that and life was better so what i am trying to say is its not a great way to fix your prob i got the same prob so i need to recore or buy another rad cause the get funky with time kinda like me lol

I have used it in stock car racing, was good for 10 * cooler than it was running

thanks guys
the only problem i have is when i am driving on the freeway at about 65-70 my temp goes to 195. i have a 180 thermostate in it. if i slow down to 55 then i'm ok, also am fine driving around town. car has always done this since new. 360/380 crate motor 4 speed 4:10 rear.
thanks
terry

195 is perfect. Hell my fan doesn't even come on until about 205. From your last post, I'm understanding it that when you slow down to 55 or so, the temp goes back down to 180*? It was kinda vague so thats how I'm interpreting it.

You really don't want your engine running at the same temperature as your thermostat is rated IMO. Remember, your thermostats temp rating is the temperature that it starts to open. Your engine wont be running efficiently at those temperatures so power/fuel economy decreases and wear on your engine increases...

anybody use this? any good results? bad ?
thanks
terry

Good stuff. But test have proven the Justice Brothers Super Radiator Cooler is better.

Read this very well thought out test:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0703_turp_cooling_system_additives/test_results.html

Terry you don't need coolant where we live. Coolant does not transfer/remove heat as well as water. For lowest temps, run distilled water and coolant additive.

Also add radiator protectant when you run straight water. Good radiator protectant has metal deviators that act as a ground to prevent electrolysis between the various part of the cooling system.

It worked for this FABO member in Las Vegas...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=100843&highlight=justice+brothers

thanks for all your input. it helps. i am old fashioned when it come to adding prestone to your radiator something dear old dad taught me.
steve who carries justice bros. line of additives?
i think the only time i see that brand is when i drive by your house and your van is there.
thanks
terry

anybody use this? any good results? bad ?
thanks
terry

It works well. But it's not meant as a band aid on a street car. Usually, when people find these type additives "necessary" there's another problem. Nine times outta ten, there's somethin else that needs to be addressed.

I added BeCool to my race car to help prevent corrosion of aluminum parts.I guess we,ll see how it worked once I pull the engine apart.It helped keep my car running cool in hot summer days.

It works!! Used it in my 8 second Falcon and my street cars. I also agree with "tuffnuts" about operating temp.. I also use an anode in my radiators!! Keeps electrolysis from eating the radiator.. They work too!! Here is where I get mine!

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/anode.html

O', definitely use demineralized/destilled water too!!!

I added BeCool to my race car to help prevent corrosion of aluminum parts.I guess we,ll see how it worked once I pull the engine apart.It helped keep my car running cool in hot summer days.

:angry7:Hot in Ontario? Come visit us here in Deep South Texas in June/July!:bootysha:

195 is perfect. Hell my fan doesn't even come on until about 205. From your last post, I'm understanding it that when you slow down to 55 or so, the temp goes back down to 180*? It was kinda vague so thats how I'm interpreting it.

You really don't want your engine running at the same temperature as your thermostat is rated IMO. Remember, your thermostats temp rating is the temperature that it starts to open. Your engine wont be running efficiently at those temperatures so power/fuel economy decreases and wear on your engine increases...

In a situation like this what can one do if their Thermostat needs a replacement but have not yet gotten one? Will be engine not be running efficiently?

It works!! Used it in my 8 second Falcon and my street cars. I also agree with "tuffnuts" about operating temp.. I also use an anode in my radiators!! Keeps electrolysis from eating the radiator.. They work too!! Here is where I get mine!

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/anode.html

O', definitely use demineralized/destilled water too!!!

Love to see some pics of the 8 second Falcon. I love them old cars. You know.....the old Victor, Mccord and FelPro gasket books ALL showed the 390 or 428 in the Falcon from 64 to 69. Although I've never seen or heard of one, they are listed in the old books. Kinda makes you wonder. I also remember Hot Rod Mag doin a buildup with a 428 in a Falcon usin ALL FACTORY Ford parts back in the 70s. You'd think the shock towers would need relocatin, but they don't. I remember it well. They used all Ford part number mounts, brackets and the whole shootin match. It was cool. Them little cars will haul ***.

It works for me too.(distilled water + WW)

Lowered temps by 10 - 15 F.

Been running it my Dart daily driver for about 4 years now

--

I tried this stuff called hyper cool(iirc), and it made a streetbike I used to have quit overheating altogether(RZ350... banshee engine). It didn't have any cooling fans and would heat up as soon as you came to a stop. Added the hypercool and it'd sit and idle all day and never overheat. Freakish. Tried it in a car and didn't notice anything.

I tried this stuff called hyper cool(iirc), and it made a streetbike I used to have quit overheating altogether(RZ350... banshee engine). It didn't have any cooling fans and would heat up as soon as you came to a stop. Added the hypercool and it'd sit and idle all day and never overheat. Freakish. Tried it in a car and didn't notice anything.

They tested Hyper Cool here:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0703_turp_cooling_system_additives/test_results.html

great test.good info. just wish they would have done the test on a mopar.a little closer to our likings.
terry

great test.good info. just wish they would have done the test on a mopar.a little closer to our likings.
terry

Same idea. Doesn't matter what car or motor. Just measuring the temperature drop/change.

I my duster i used something but if i say you going to laugh but i swear it took 15 degrees off my engine temp.and as long as i kept moving in the summer heat i could drive no problems long stops for traffic i still would have to shut it down .(liquid cascade)>>>>>i swear it worked well and cheaper than water wetter i used about 1 1/2 cup for my 440 duster.

-
Back