Watkins Glen Experience

-

CUDA69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We just got back after spending two days at the Glen with Chin Motor Sports. The FABO gang was right, it wasn't the snobs vs the slobs at all. There was a lot of high end cars and wealthy people, but they could not have been nicer. Everybody loved the old Cuda. I must have gotten 500 thumbs up.

I would go down the back straight spraying the nitrous making 500 hp worth of noise and it sounded great bouncing off the barriers. I had a German guy come up to me as I was coming off the track and he said "I vant to buy some of your sound". Some of these guys had million dollar rigs and they would give me a thumbs up.

The car held up great, but I was really slow around the course the first day. Street car brakes heat up fast on the track. I got a really good instructor the second day and learned I could really add power through the turns. I have to admit it was the second most fun thing I have ever done in a car, LOL.

O man you went to the Glen :blob::blob: That had to be great :cheers:
Congratulations on a very cool couple of days :cheers:

That would be an experience I'd love to have.. I was thrilled just seeing the dang track!

Grant

Here are two:

Attachments

• 20120521_WGI_GRN_3026.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20120521_WGI_GRN_2531.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 111
Another funny thing about the trip: This was all my son's idea. He has a 12 second 2008 Caliber SRT4. They didn't think much of a FWD at first but he ended up being the second fastest novice out of 30 of us. He passed every Vette, Porche, GTR and BMW out there. I watched his videos from the GO CAM and was amazed.

I also have to thank Firm Feel and Dr. Diff. The Doc got me a set of axles with the OEM roller bearins at the last minute because I didn't want to run the Green wheel bearings around the turns. Those two vendors are the best. The Eaton Tru-Track LSD was awesome. It just plants the tires in the turns. I will be at Maple Grove in two weeks for the Mopar Action event, trying to get into the 11's next.

Another funny thing about the trip: This was all my son's idea. He has a 12 second 2008 Caliber SRT4. They didn't think much of a FWD at first but he ended up being the second fastest novice out of 30 of us. He passed every Vette, Porche, GTR and BMW out there. I watched his videos from the GO CAM and was amazed.

I also have to thank Firm Feel and Dr. Diff. The Doc got me a set of axles with the OEM roller bearins at the last minute because I didn't want to run the Green wheel bearings around the turns. Those two vendors are the best. The Eaton Tru-Track LSD was awesome. It just plants the tires in the turns. I will be at Maple Grove in two weeks for the Mopar Action event, trying to get into the 11's next.

We love videos.

-
Back