Wax....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What are folks using? I bought a Porter Cable D/A machine last year. One of the best things I have ever purchased. I have been using Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid largely because that is what EZ, my friend/body guy suggested. I use a couple of different machine polishes from Griots Garage to clean up the paint on our daily drivers. Anyhow, not real thrilled with the life span of the NXT wax. So what do you fine folks use/suggest??? If it matters, one of them is red the other is silver. The red paint is pretty trashed, but it did polish up pretty nice recently....

Try a clay bar than a quick mist wax you wont believe the diffrence even on a polished car.

Try a clay bar than a quick mist wax you wont believe the diffrence even on a polished car.

Was going to claybar it this time....but I forgot to get a new one after I used/destroyed it on my truck. Had a wheel bearing go bad, and from all the crap the bearing spit out the side of the truck was in bad shape...

View attachment explorer (Medium).jpg

Clay bar then use mothers wax and then use windshield wax I kid u not it brought the shine back to my old girls black paint job

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Clay bar then use mothers wax and then use windshield wax I kid u not it brought the shine back to my old girls black paint job

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Windshield wax? Really??

Made Ernestina's day to see the quilting sticker on there finally.....

Just polished and waxed my Ram 1500 Crew Cab last weekend.

The wash, clay bar, polish and wax were from Auto Magic. The polish and wax are part of the Risk Free system. I applied both with a Dual Action cyclo polisher. I use the same system on my Duster.

Meguiars professional products or Jax wax. My 2 cents

I just do a clay bar & follow with Meguiar's liquid cleaner wax for the daily drivers. I have several spray type/touch up deals on the shelf and i'm just not a fan of them. Maybe their better on a show type finish?

Tell you the truth, I think all Carnuba Wax sucks for longevity no matter which manufacturer.

I used Meguiar's for many years, I even took a class from them back in the mid 80's when they had more than just wax and glaze.

I use the clay bar occasionally and a glaze when I need quick gloss, having a black car clean and shiny make me feel good..

-
Back