we need a thread for videos of giving rides to friends n family. ill start

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
took my sons close friend for a ride in my 67 dart. 411in twin turbo g3 hemi. its basically a racecar that i drive on the street. hence the helmet, cuz he didnt wanna bang his head on the cage(sons idea since he bumped it before so slightly). he hasnt ever been in a fast car, only like a mustang or camaro, but nothing serious. this is his facial expresisons. lol. im a very sarcastic person and like go mess with my kids and their friends. specially if they are uninformed about things.

LOL Thats great. Glad he was wearing his helmet! At least he did not bruise the back of his head!!!!!!!

Ruined that kid for life. "Do it again". There goes his paychecks for the next several decades. Hooked.

I like the look on his face when you said I can only drive with one hand :rofl:

Awesome thread, I never remember to video tape when I take family for a ride lol
the one i wish i bad videos. had a grown adult literall wet himself. had to wash the pass seat. had to let him dry out befor getting out. removed the seat and washed it down with the hose n soap n water. i had put all the weight i had in the trunk a week or two before. trying to hook on the street. well when he got in, it was enough to hook. it didnt wheelie, but it reached full front extension and moved hard. im guessing 1.3x 60 ft on a 2 lane road in the middle of the neighborhood. it moved really damn hard and he screeched sooo loud it scared the **** out of me. i thought it spun a main bearing at full song. lol

the one i wish i bad videos. had a grown adult literall wet himself. had to wash the pass seat. had to let him dry out befor getting out. removed the seat and washed it down with the hose n soap n water. i had put all the weight i had in the trunk a week or two before. trying to hook on the street. well when he got in, it was enough to hook. it didnt wheelie, but it reached full front extension and moved hard. im guessing 1.3x 60 ft on a 2 lane road in the middle of the neighborhood. it moved really damn hard and he screeched sooo loud it scared the **** out of me. i thought it spun a main bearing at full song. lol
Thats funny and sucks at the same time.

yet the car is soo much faster now than back then. 6.40s vs 5.80s with the same boost number, just works better now. lol
Nice, just played with the tune more or just a different set up? Wish my tune was farther along to finally take mine to the track and see what it does even on just 5 lbs on pump.

I wish I recorded my step sons buddy that thought he had a fast car with his Honda. He kept on that his Honda could do this and that.
Step son and I introduced him to the w5 headed 340 stroker in 67 dart. 4sp Dead hook with the feeling your internals would come out your rear.
Never heard about that Honda again and much respect was given to the dart. Now all his buddies understand when I laugh.

Nice, just played with the tune more or just a different set up? Wish my tune was farther along to finally take mine to the track and see what it does even on just 5 lbs on pump.
im having all kinds of issues that seem unresolveable. fixed a few key issues like melting cam sensors ever 3 passes. made the car more stable and repeatable. so we was able to bring power in sooner and it got a lot faster. hlwever with that, we are limited rpm wise, cuz if we try to increase boost. its as if its blowing the spark out. so i fall about 1200rpms short of shift rpm goals of 76-7800. trying to acquire some ls coils to replace fhe stock coils. that will tell us immediately if its blowing out spark or not. i also found a cylinder thats running way to rich. so injectors just came out for cleaning and flow. those could be the issue as well. ill at least know that in a few days.

20231011_190253.jpg

Yeah I need to pull my plugs and check those. Always something to figure out with these cars and builds. Going with some MSD or granatelli think that's how you spell it?

Yeah I need to pull my plugs and check those. Always something to figure out with these cars and builds. Going with some MSD or granatelli think that's how you spell it?
not me, im going to a gm ls truck coil. a few friends have made north of 2khp on m1. so 2khp on e85r will be enough for me. if i decide to push it that hard. im pretty skitish when i just even think about that number. 1000hp aint no joke as it is and im hardly using that but a few seconds of the run.
tune wise have changed timing in different rpm/psi range in the map. trying to find timing power curve without blowing it up at the same time. we ha e reached 18° now and its really happy there on 13-15psi. just got to be able to turn the boost up without losing rpm potential like we have. having the entire coil harness rewired in larger wiring for the ls coils. so we dont miss that being the og issue as well.

not me, im going to a gm ls truck coil. a few friends have made north of 2khp on m1. so 2khp on e85r will be enough for me. if i decide to push it that hard. im pretty skitish when i just even think about that number. 1000hp aint no joke as it is and im hardly using that but a few seconds of the run.
tune wise have changed timing in different rpm/psi range in the map. trying to find timing power curve without blowing it up at the same time. we ha e reached 18° now and its really happy there on 13-15psi. just got to be able to turn the boost up without losing rpm potential like we have. having the entire coil harness rewired in larger wiring for the ls coils. so we dont miss that being the og issue as well.
Those are what I have mine the D585 I think that's the truck model and no issues there.

-
Back