We now know…

-

Newbomb Turk

Reaction score
…that you can screw a set screw into a Hemi combustion chamber to stop a leak and run an 8.39 at a buck fiddy nine and win the race doing it.

Congratulations to Steve Comilla on a great race and not quitting when his head sprung a leak.

…that you can screw a set screw into a Hemi combustion chamber to stop a leak and run an 8.39 at a buck fiddy nine and win the race doing it.

Congratulations to Steve Comilla on a great race and not quitting when his head sprung a leak.

Charlie Westcott came to the rescue . Comella said in an interview they wouldnt have been able to race because they couldn’t fix it.

Charlie Westcott came to the rescue . Comella said in an interview they wouldnt have been able to race because they couldn’t fix it.

The thing I didn’t hear was if he’s running iron or aluminum heads.

If they were aluminum I suspect they would have done a weld repair and not the set screw but maybe not.

If they were iron heads then that’s even more impressive because those things on their best day are egg shells.

What's cool about the story is Steve didn't grow up racing with his Dad. He went to school, became a doctor, and after becoming successful at that goes to his Dad and says let's dust off the Dart and go racing. He wasn't a trained mechanic like Chuck.

Chuck's Dart wasn't competitive and needed a lot of updates. I remember when it was in the basement of Chuck's shop looking kind of sad. Still very cool, though! They spent the money, made it competitive, and won the Dutch Classic in 2017.

Since the stick cars are quicker in shootouts, they got the Barracuda for that. They run the Dart in points meets. They won the Northeast Division championship with the Dart a couple years ago. Steve calls it their bracket car.

-
Back