We said goodbye to Jemma today

-
Thoughts and prayers sent Steve.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that petgoes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run andplay together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm andcomfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as weremember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each misssomeone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops andlooks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legscarrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, youcling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kissesrain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look oncemore into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but neverabsent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

sorry to hear that. It has always amazed me how attached we can get to a pet and how hard it is to say goodbye to them.

My thoughts are with you

It's never a good day when you have to put down a family pet, part of the family.

A few years ago I was forced to put down our Black Lab. She was with us for 17 years. Taking her to the vet to be "put to sleep" was probably the kindest thing we could have done for her after her second stroke. It was also one of the most difficult things I've ever done.

I can empathize with you, and I'm very sorry, for your loss.

I know first hand how hard it is to lose a little family member. Get another at the shelter. They all need somewhere who cares for the short time they are here. We have 8 and they are all from shelters except Golieth our Saint Bernard.

2 black labs
1 chocolate lab
2 jack russels
1 husky
1 blood hound
1 saint bernard AKA the Dog from hell

And these are the order of obedience of who listens better

The Colly Shepard mix we had to have put down for the same reason as yours

But The Jack Russels think they are the kings of the house.

Attachments

• spoiler pics 723.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 253
  • Picture 303.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 256
  • spoiler pics 531.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 274
  • spoiler pics 185.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 270
  • spoiler pics 482.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 238
  • spoiler pics 430.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 262
  • spoiler pics 159.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 255
  • spoiler pics 169.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 261
  • spoiler pics 590.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 263
  • spoiler pics 609.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 254
sorry to hear this my little buddy aint far behind.I aint going to like it either!

Condolences Steve, it's not easy to do but it's in the best interest of the pet. I know that doesn't help. I had to put my lab down that we had for 17 years as well. I have a Jack Russel that we need to take in too, just been putting it off.

Hang in there man.

Condolences to you and the entire family, Steve. Letting go of our "fur-kids" is one of the toughest things we will ever do in life. They bring so much unconditional love to us.
We had to say goodbye to our Rhodesian Ridgeback about 6 years ago. His cancer had progressed to the point that he couldn't get up and didn't want to eat. We knew it was time. I was fortunate in that our vet came to the house so Toby was still in familiar surroundings. He got his only bowl of chocolate ice cream just before and he loved it.
We had a new rescue Ridgeback the following week. I've always had a dog since I was 7 years old. They're part of our families.
And remember, all dogs go to heaven.
Thanks for posting "The Rainbow Bridge", plum crazy dart. I was going to if it hadn't already been posted.

Hi Steve, RIP Jemma, know your feelings right now. Last Saturday our family did the same thing with our cat Tigger, the last of three pets that have been around us for 16 years.
Prayers are with you and your family
Sincerely
Dwayne

Lori and I cant respond to each individual reply here, but we want to offer our condolensces to those who are going thru this as well. Lots of great looking pets on here, and thanks again. Although reading these replies makes me tear up its because we have a great bunch here and we loved Jemma so much.

Thanks
Steve n Lori

Sorry to hear this news Steve! You guys gave little Jemma a great life and she will always hold a special place in your heart.

RIP Little Jemma

Sorry for your loss!

I wasn't a small dog person either. When I meet my wife she had a small
black poodle (Sparkey). He became my little buddy.
He lived to be 18 we had to have him put down. His back legs went on him and he lost bladder control. The day my wife was going to take him in. I sat down next to him petted and talked to him before I left for work. I had tears streaming down my face.
It's surprising how attached you get. It's even more so when you don't have kids.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Lori.
And Rufus too.

Tom and Mary

Sorry that I have avoided this thread Steve, I am an old softy when things like this happen in our life bud, I have had Boogy in my life for 14 years now and my family knows it's going to be a sad day when she leaves us, my condolences.... It's hard to wake up and think that one day she will not be with me You gave her a great life..

Attachments

• Victoria fund 043.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 207
Awe....I am so sorry to here about your loss, Steve. What a tough thing to go thru.

Sometimes I think one of the hardest things to lose in life is a dog, seeing as they depend so much on you and provide so much unselfish love.

Christmas 2011 we had to put down the Mia the white terror due to health issues, Christmas 2012 we had to put down Black Jack due to old age. I still get teary eyed about both of them.

I am not a big cat fan, and wouldn't you know it that our damn barn cat is 15 and just keeps on going! (That's her in the tree out smarting the dogs again)

I have said a prayer for you and your family that I hope will help you all get thru this...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC03533.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 225
Touching stories and pics guys, thank you. The amount of hurt you feel from losing one of those little buggers is tremendous. Cute pets guys, and our condolensces as well

Claudia and I send our sincere condolences on your loss. We can only imagine what it must feel like to lose your beloved Jemma. Our little guy, Sammy, is our first dog and he became part of the family pretty much as soon as he arrived. They have a way of worming into your heart. Hold on to the memories and know she's waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Steve

Attachments

• sammy for forum.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 199
My condolences to you and everyone else who has gone through the loss of a family member (pet). We went through the same thing last Sept. It was tough to do but we know deep in our hearts, it was the best thing to do.

We still haven't added another to our family, but I know some day we will.

:( Im sorry to read this steve . Praryers sent shes not alone up there Shes got anuther mopar dog up there with her :angel10:.

Attachments

• P1010619.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 228
Sorry to hear Steve. We can't imagine not having Gunner with us and we know there will never be another like him just like I'm sure you'll never have another one like Jemma.

My belated condolences to you and your family Steve. This was a hard thread to read. Prayers sent for another furry friend to be brought to you when you're ready.

Thanks again everyone from Lori n myself. Cute pics of the pets! I highly doubt we will be getting another dog, we still have Rufus(black lab), Shakey and Millie the cats. Besides it not feeling right getting another loved one, we still have the other 3 to love and eventually say goodbye to.

Thanks again!

-
Back