We want to buy MeMike this car - wanna help?

-
How the hell did I miss this one?!?!?!?! Count me in for 50 bucks, let's get Mikey a car!!!! :cheers:

Better hold on to that intake Mike!

I'm in for $50 but will match Ace & abodyhotrod for up to $50 each. What say you guys? Want to do something good for memike?

So whats the story with this? Has an account been set up? and has the owner of the car agreed to work with these stipulations to make this happen? Hell Id love to help him out if so! Count me in if this is a GO

So whats the story with this? Has an account been set up? and has the owner of the car agreed to work with these stipulations to make this happen? Hell Id love to help him out if so! Count me in if this is a GO

Yep, let's get this rolling! I am sure I can pitch in a little cash! 8)

Maybey I can help here.

FYI, Memike is 105% giver. Meaning he is not a very good receiver. It is easirer to give

than receive.

That out of the way.

I will be happy to administrate funds into my existing paypal account into a new savings account at my bank. I will back up all deposits with an exel spread sheet that all can see.

I say we keep banging it until he gets a CAR!
I will also help from this end with my friends and his!

I look foward to your thoughts.

Thank You
Sorry mispelled words my phone going crazy, multi tasking!

Ken

Maybey I can help here.

FYI, Memike is 105% giver. Meaning he is not a very good receiver. It is easirer to give

than receive.

Ken

Count me in, I can contribute some cash!

I believe from reading Memikes thousands of post's that he is the kind of person who would return the favor in some other form or another when the chance should arise! Its the kind of guy he seems to be! Maybe droping a few bucks into a salvation army can, donating some canned food items or maybe helping an older person fix a flat tire! What ever it be, I am sure he has done this in the past and will continue to do so! Good things come to those kind of people!

Maybey I can help here.

than receive.

That out of the way.

I will be happy to administrate funds into my existing paypal account into a new savings account at my bank. I will back up all deposits with an exel spread sheet that all can see.

I say we keep banging it until he gets a CAR!

Thank You
Sorry mispelled words my phone going crazy, multi tasking!

Ken

Ken, can you provide the email address to your Paypal account so members can start sending money?

For those of you who do not know, Ken is Memike's brother.

Thank You

Ken

Ken, that sounds like a great idea, besides all the good folks here at FABO I'm sure a good guy like your bro has many friends at home there who would love to help out for their bud Memike:cheers:

Ken, can you provide the email address to your Paypal account so members can start sending money?

Very happy to! [email protected]

BTW, I am on the road in small towns with my eye out for Bro Car!
That is how I found the Valiant he can't have. Fyi.

Also use that as my e-mail address for any questions,thoughts, ideas, ect!

Ken

I don't know what to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pale:

I just took the intake off e-bay!

I haven't been around here all that long, but Memike was one of the first to welcome me when I joined in the fall. Also, this site has provided me with endless info as well as (in some cases) free stuff for my Dart. Having said that, it's time to "pay it forward" to Memike.
Count me in on the deal. I'll get a Paypal off to Ken later tonight.
Good for you all with this.
Memike, you certainly are Blessed, sir!

George

If all are agreeable i'll call on the car in St Louis and squeeze him and let him in on our deal. Maybe get a better deal and it is closer. Any ideas? If it's the car we want i'll go get it this weekend. Funds will get here when they get here. I've seen at least 20 people giving $50. That's $1000 right there. The car in St Louis is $2600 asking.

I don't know what to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pale:

I just took the intake off e-bay!

Forgive me if this is long. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into type. I know about preferring to give than receive. I do a lot of favors for friends and neighbors, fixing cars, bikes, mowers etc. I don't ever charge anything but what I have in parts, and they bring the beer. Well, my neighbor/buddy and his wife wanted to get me a mig welder for all I'd done for them, and I fought it pretty hard, just didn't feel right.... He kept on me and wore me down, and to see the smile on his face when I used the welder for the first time made me see it was OK to receive once in a while. So Memike, it's your turn to receive. Think of all the smiles you will create when you post the first pic of you in your new A body.

Neil

Could someone please provide the "nuts and bolts" of how to donate? I am unfamiliar with Paypal. I'm good for $50, also.

I really truly feel that if any member deserves a car through a gift like this, it should be Memike. I really wish I could help contribute guys, but the funds can't spare anything at this moment in time. I hope he gets it though, after all that anticipation for the other car, he is more than deserving.

Like others have said, MeMike was one of the first guys to welcome me when I signed on here.

Always ready to lend/give a hand or kind word. And funny to boot:cheers:.

By no means am I rich, or I'd have the new motor in my car already=P~. But I can certainly scrape up at least $50 for another great cause, maybe more if the funds allow.

Both of those cars seem awful nice, the interior in Rmchrgr's car sure looks top notch.

To quote Capt Jean Luc Picard: "Make it so"

Ray Harrison and talked to him about his car in St Louis. Sounds like what we want for MeMike. I told him of our goal and gave him the website so he could verify our endeavors. I discussed price and he said he would let it go for $2200 and it's a drive it home car. The guy came off his price $400. I can pick MeMike up on sat morning and go get it. I'll pay for it for now and when all the money is in we can settle up. Gather your money up Ken. You doin anything saturday MeMike?

Hello everyone,

I just got off the phone with Mike! He's overwhelmed by the generosity of this deal. He had to 'go walk around the pond' to collect his thoughts!

I'm agreeing to hold off on any offers for the next two weeks to see if this will work out. I'm committed to the deal. If the other car in St. Louis works out better, well then so be it. But I think though he might sorta be looking forward to coming up to NYC and taking a long, slow ride back home...

This is really a great story. The people on this board who put forth the idea and stood behind it, put in money, offered transport and set up accounts should be recognized for their kindness. :cheers:

Greg

Ray Harrison and talked to him about his car in St Louis. Sounds like what we want for MeMike. I told him of our goal and gave him the website so he could verify our endeavors. I discussed price and he said he would let it go for $2200 and it's a drive it home car. The guy came off his price $400. I can pick MeMike up on sat morning and go get it. I'll pay for it for now and when all the money is in we can settle up. Gather your money up Ken. You doin anything saturday MeMike?

I just got my computer up when Treva got home.
No plans for me Small Block!!
What car are we going after.
I will go back in this thread and see :love7:

I just sent Ken my $50, let's all get on this and get er done :cheers:

Fishbreath - (nice handle by the way), set up a Paypal account if you don't already have one and then click on "send money", then type in Ken's e-mail address and the amount.

You deserve it Mike!

I think what you guy's and gal's are looking to do for MEMIKE is a GREAT THING! When I finally read the outcome of the other dart I was heart broken myself just knowing Memike was not going to get the car and be able to show it the love and attention it needed. I can only imagine how Memike felt when he finally knew getting the little dart just wasn't going to happen.
Some of you have said you think Memike is the type of guy that would return the favor like the one he is going to possibly recieve! Well I think he already has,he has given people parts for free,he has helped people with questions they have asked and has made many of us laugh with some of his funny post he has made! And he really loves the OLD MOPAR "A" BODY CARS.

I say take up a collection for him for a car and if the car is less than what is collected then buy some needed parts for it with the leftover $$$ to make the car as nice as it can be for a real nice guy with a BIG heart. It certainly does not hurt to help people out every now and then! Especially someone that truly loves the hobby and how they would truly honor the gift and show it the deserved love and attention. In a way I am like MEMIKE!
I have always been a giver type of person myself also but have been on the receiving end of help before too throughout my life, I am also disabled due to a really bad heart attack some years back and. But I keep taking one step at a time and keep plugging along every day. I am not a RICH person but you can count me in for a little help count me in for $100.00. I will have to send a check or money order because I do not do the PAYPAL "CRAP" anymore due to some problems with them!
I also like the looks of the $2600.00 car, looks like it need less work to be REAL NICE little ride! but I will leave all that to you guy's.
Just get it set up where we can send the $$$ to so we can get it started and so MEMIKE can have and enjoy a nice little MOPAR "A" BODY to enjoy.
Personally it would do my old heart good just to see him get a little car and to see him post about it and the progress he makes on it, MEMIKE gets so EXCITED about the cars and parts and the dreams he has about doing a car the way he wants to do one. I say it is a great thing to make MEMIKES dream come true! God Bless all and I am ready to help out ! THE SOONER THE BETTER!

-
Back