Weatherstrip Help

-

Chuckman

Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced the weatherstrip attached to the main shell, around the back doors on a early A four door? Mine is leaking and I find my MOPAR service manual a little vague on this. Is it just glued in, or is it fastened? If it is just glued in, how is the best way to remove the old adhesive? Thanks!

An eraser wheel works good to get that stuff off.

Goo gone also does work with a soft plastic scraper and some paper towels.

Pry at it a little bit and see if you can tell if it's held into a channel or by a clip. If it's clipped in, it will move away from the body with some ease in between clips.

Has anyone ever replaced the weatherstrip attached to the main shell, around the back doors on a early A four door? Mine is leaking and I find my MOPAR service manual a little vague on this. Is it just glued in, or is it fastened? If it is just glued in, how is the best way to remove the old adhesive? Thanks!
Early A ? as in 63-66? if so it's a windlace that has a rubber seal bulb sonic welded on it that get's attached to the pinchweld and can be pried off and replaced easily.

sort of like in this picture you can see where it's able to be removed from the pichweld. ther might be a sill plate on the bottom holding the joint together. I'll have to go look at the 4 door parts car that I have and take a pic or 2. just to make sure.
View attachment DSCF3848.jpg
View attachment DSCF3852.jpg

-
Back