Weatherstripping chrome trim pieces

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
Where are some of the best places to source new weatherstripping, felts, rubber scrappers. Basically all the window trim. All of my chromes except a couple pieces around the rear quater windows is in very good shape. However due to its age and weathering the rubbers are deteriorated. Do you have to buy complete replacements or can you replace felts and wiper strips attached to the chrome trim? Sorry I dont know the proper terminology for all the trim and weather stripping parts. It is making the look up of part of site a little confusing. Where else can I look for the type of parts? So far I have "steel rubber co" and year one bookmarked. Any other suggestion?

I got new window felts for my 65 Dart on ebay, ~$70 I recall. A little cheaper than mail order places. A few years ago and still haven't installed. The box says Repops "made in U.S.A". Model MO200 for those with 63-66 Darts. Steele Rubber is well-known. Year One is the Whole Foods of the auto resto world (can you afford it?). Another source might be Detroit Muscle of Warren, MI. Never seen the rubber separate from the chrome. The roof rail rubber is sold by many at >$100. You can even get the special rubber triangle on the door frame (2 dr hdtp?). A bit harder to find is the cloth wrapped round rubber seal on the inside, but easier if you know its is called "windlace".

I got felt for my Newport years ago (probably J.C. Whitney) that came without the metal clips. I had to pick the old ones off and try to attach them. Had to use RTV to attach them.

Layson's, Year 1, Dante's. Dante's says they have a stock of rear window seals again.

-
Back