Website Quirky

-

BillGrissom

Reaction score
The website reply has become very quirky the last few months. Often the cursor jumps off while typing, trying to paste doesn't work, and then the whole message doesn't post, getting "please enter a valid message". Not just once, but many times. The typing is working now in this message. Will see if it even posts.

That's strange. No issues here.
Tried again to post a reply to a clutch-fan thread and it worked this time. Typing this is working too. When it quirks, it acts like perhaps popups keep taking focus away so the cursor is no longer on the text. You must click again to reset the cursor and continues happening. When you hit return, the line above moves down. Can't paste text. Finally, when you click "Post Reply", it fails to post. Has happened many times over the last 6 months.

Using Google Chrome. Windows keep trying to trick me into using Edge, but don't like it's upselling. Acting quirky again as I type this, and on a different PC. If I backspace, the cursor disappears so have to click again to reset it. Amazing if this post works so I'll copy it first.

Wrote 3 lines, but only the first line got thru the first time, then 2 the 2nd time above. Get delays, probably from the pop-up ads.

I was having issues on my phone and switched from Google Chrome to Firefox. It seems much better.

Using Google Chrome. Windows keep trying to trick me into using Edge.

I asked you to try a different browser.

If you do and the problem goes away it tells me there is an issue with the browser your using and we can try to fix it from there.

But, if you don't want to do that, start by clearing the internet cache and browser history on your chrome.

Try a different browser and see if it continues
I am trying Microsoft Edge now. It doesn't lose the cursor, but there are often a few seconds delay in the typing showing. Edge is acting better on this page than when I replied on this page:
Room for a Clutch-Fan in a '65?

Desktop Browser popularity is 67% Chrome, 9% Edge, 9% Apple Safari, 8% Firefox. If others are having issues in Chrome, that would impact the site. I cleared the cache and history in Chrome, with no difference. Both seem to quirk in synch with the popup ads changing.

Last edited:
The website reply has become very quirky the last few months. Often the cursor jumps off while typing, trying to paste doesn't work, and then the whole message doesn't post, getting "please enter a valid message". Not just once, but many times. The typing is working now in this message. Will see if it even posts.

AGREE , working normal after a few minutes tho , really fubared at the start ......???

Desktop Browser popularity is 67% Chrome, 9% Edge, 9% Apple Safari, 8% Firefox. If others are having issues in Chrome, that would impact the site. I cleared the cache and history in Chrome, with no difference. Both seem to quirk in synch with the popup ads changing.

I'm using chrome and having no such issues. are you on a phone or what?

As stated, I have used 2 different PC's for the FABO site, both running Win 10 Home w/ latest Chrome browser. As I said, it behaves better on this page, but is bad on other pages. Popups seem less frequent on this page. It also behaved better in Edge, not totally losing the cursor, sometimes 2 sec delay before showing a typed character. I haven't noticed such problems on other sites when typing replies.

As stated, I have used 2 different PC's for the FABO site, both running Win 10 Home w/ latest Chrome browser. As I said, it behaves better on this page, but is bad on other pages. Popups seem less frequent on this page. It also behaved better in Edge, not totally losing the cursor, sometimes 2 sec delay before showing a typed character. I haven't noticed such problems on other sites when typing replies.
Sounds like a memory issue, have you tried rebooting?

Yes, have rebooted both PC's several times since I have seen similar behaviour for over 6 months. Typing is working OK today, on this web page.

-
Back