Weiand Dual Plane Intake

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Hi,

are Weiand intake good product. I came across an ad for a use dual plane Weiand intake for 100$. Is it worth it?

Rigth now I have on a shelf a single plane Holley Street Dominator intake, and from what I know now it is really not the best thing for my 318 or my rebuilt 360 (one day it will be...). I also already have a Holley 600cfm/secondary vacuum/electric choke carb that I plan to use.

As my plan for my 360 are 100mph toward a brick wall ... I will most probably have to run the Dart with is tired 318 this summer and the 2bbl is driving me crazy, can't seem to stay tuned, choke not working.

Thanks

I called the guy and he did not had the intake in front of him, and did not knew the model by heart. He told me it was in very goos shape, no broken hole or anything.

I will go take a look at it this week, is there any dual plane model to avoid from Weiand?

Is it worth getting that dual plane and then trying to sell the single plane? I guess overall I should be better with a dual plane, even if it is not a Edelbrock Performer!

Weiand is Holley from what I saw, so no fitting to use my Holley 1850. rigth?

Thanks

:angry4: I have an 8007, it doesn't fit...needs a REAL thick intake gasket. I ran it double gasketed for a while and pulled it off for an eddy. I don't think much of them. The company gave me the run around when I questioned them about fit. It did run ok when it was on. Watch for fitment!!!!

I have thje 8007 0n my 318 and have had no problems with it as of yet, and I have been using it for 8 years now,

I ordered a Weiand Stealth intake for my 360 when I was doing the rebuild. Bay far THE WORST F'IN INTAKE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! All of the holes were about 1/4 inch off and I never had the heads milled or the block decked, the casting flash acually cut my finger when I rubbed my fingers across it, and the threads in one of the vaccume ports were casted so bad that you couldn't screw anything into it.
I returned it to Summit and got an Eddy performer (should have gotten an air gap). Go with an Eddy, even the old ones were very good quality.

Well thanks for all the infos. Will continue research, but for a Edelbrock Performer or Air Gap.

What would be the effects (bad effects) of using my Holley Street Dominator single plane on the tired 318...just to know

That street dom. isn't really the best to use. It'll be OK for now. Better off to hang it on a wall.

On the Edelbrock intakes....
The RPM (Standard) has water heated passages under it. Very good for cool/cold weather useage.

The RPM Air-Gap will take an additional 5 -10 min.'s to warm up. The engine will now act like a big block in warm up times.

The Performer should be left out of the picture unless you want an aluminum intake and use a T-Q carb. But at this point, I'd recomend a stock 4 bbl over it on a 360.

I have not used any Weiand intakes.

-
Back