Weighed my Barracuda's the other day

-
3400 for the 440 huh? Any weight saving plan inacted on that one? Aluminum parts?

The coupe is pretty much stock with the exception of the 2" TTI headers abd 3" exhaust. I haven't done anything to lighten it up in fact that weight is with the spare.

The 340 car had a full tank of gas. It is a Fastback with stock manifolds, a 2-1/2" TTI system and both cars have automatics.

All that little stuff adds up! LOL Figure a gal of gas is around 7 lbs. And also the glass in the fast back is probley a bit heavier vs. the metal the coupe has. Hmmm very intersting. I think Ill have to wiegh my Val. after its all wrapped up. Oh does one have a console? Damn those consoles are heavy for what they are.

My 68 fastback H code (now a 440) is 3450 lbs. with 1/2 tank of gas. I was shocked .......with glass fenders, header panel, hood, alum heads, wp, wp housing, I thought it would be much lighter. The car does have a fully insulated interior and 4 mufflers just for a start. The pounds add up quick.

Wow, those 'cuda's are heavy. My 72 Demon 360/727/8 3/4 is 3102 lbs with a half tank of gas.

Jack

Yeah the rear fold down seat with platform and trunk divider is probably over a 100 lbs. My title list the car at 2908....must be the /6 with 3 on the tree weight.

Weighed my 69 340 swinger and it weighted 3220,that was with fiberglass fenders,bumpers and hood.It does have frame connectors,but has alum intake and headers.

Since then I had new steel chrome bumpers put on so t's probably more now,gonna weight it again when I get the alum heads put on this summer

Where do you guys weigh your cars? Are you allowed to do it at those semi-truck weigh stations that they have at the big gas stations?

Where do you guys weigh your cars? Are you allowed to do it at those semi-truck weigh stations that they have at the big gas stations?

It is surprising how much these cars can weigh. I weighed mine once at the local recycle place and again at the city landfill. I thought the recycler had it wrong so I tried the landfill one day and the same thing! I was surprised it weighed that much...... but then I thought of some of the extra weight. The interior is full with Dynamat from the firewall to the rear wheels, trunk insulation, kick panels with speakers, two 6x9 speakers in cabinets, fully carpeted trunk, carpeted rear side panels,and center console. There`s also the spare tire, and jack. The exhaust system has to be 200 pounds, 2" TTI`s into 3" glass packs, H-pipe, turbo mufflers , 3" pipes all the way out the back to chrome tips. Heck the pinion snubber probably weighs 10 -15 pounds. Every little thing that contributes to the comfort of the car adds pounds. My car`s fat, but it`s happy ,so no diet here.

My Dart was 3030 lbs with the slant 6 904, PS,AC and a 7 1/4 rear with 1/3 tank of gas. The power steering was converted to manual and I bet I saved at least 30 lbs with that, the AC all together was another 50 lbs. Now I have no idea of the weight, with a V8, 8 3/4s and the 4 wheel disks put on it now I think its probably at least another 200 lbs heavier.

-
Back