weight of feather duster front reinforcenment?

-

Ol'forest

Reaction score
Anyone know the weight of this part? Just want to compare with my stock set up...(bloody heavy) to see what it would be with a glass bumper mounted on a feather duster reinforcement..
Cheers.

Great question, just sold my aluminum bumper inserts to another a body member. I used all fiberglass bumpers with fiberglass brackets on my set up.

LOL yeah that was to me, but they are still in shipping at the moment, just trying to figure out what it would weigh with a 3 pound glass bumper skin on it.

I have one, but its on the car. They are very light, but the piston brackets they bolt to are super heavy.

It's a pity the piston brackets weren't aluminum too, but at least they aren't hanging way out front and I'm not building a race car, I might try fabricating something out of aluminum in the future, it would be pretty easy.

If anyone wants to know, a Feather Duster aluminum front bumper reinforcement (inner piece that bolts to the chrome bumper) is 26.5lbs lighter than the regular steel one. Steel one is 41.5lbs. Aluminum one is 15lbs.

-
Back