weight of parts

-

1 Bad Duster

Pro Street Duster
Reaction score
I was wondering if anywhere on this site has a list if what parts weights. I searched but I couldn't find anything..Like parts you can take off thats not needed and if you replace something with Fiberglass and whats the weight savings. Thanks Jimmy.

I remember somewhere seeing a showcar that boasted "10 gallons of clear" on top of a wild multi-color paint job. Even with the thinner flashed out and wet-sanding, that has got to weigh a ton. I know if I put 10 gallons of paint in my trunk, I could feel a difference. Something to think about.

I went over there and looked for it too. Could not find it either. Must have changed there site some. May have to be a member to see it now? Sorry.

Look at my resto thread Burnts DustDemon build. I have put down what some stuff weighs but not a lot yet. Still working on it.

I got a list of stuff I have weighed but it is at home. Will post up what I have tomorrow.

I went over there and looked for it too. Could not find it either. Must have changed there site some. May have to be a member to see it now? Sorry.

Look at my resto thread Burnts DustDemon build. I have put down what some stuff weighs but not a lot yet. Still working on it.

I got a list of stuff I have weighed but it is at home. Will post up what I have tomorrow.

Ok thanks I will take a look..

This is what I got so far all from a Demon. First weight is for the part.

windshield wipers and motor 10LB
Hood hinges 6LB
heater 15LB
front glass 25LB
back glass 20LB
trunk lid 35LB
door glass 15LB each
door hinges all 4 7LB drilled 6.5LB weight loss 1.5LB for all 4
front bumper + mounts 28LB glass bumper + mounts 4LB weight loss 24LB
door 65LB each lightened for lexan 30LB each 35LB weight loss EA door

This is what I got so far all from a Demon. First weight is for the part.

windshield wipers and motor 10LB
Hood hinges 6LB
heater 15LB
front glass 25LB
back glass 20LB
trunk lid 35LB
door glass 15LB each
door hinges all 4 7LB drilled 6.5LB weight loss 1.5LB for all 4
front bumper + mounts 28LB glass bumper + mounts 4LB weight loss 24LB
door 65LB each lightened for lexan 30LB each 35LB weight loss EA door

Heater what if the car came with ac..Because I took out the heater and a/c box and all the hoses of my car..I'am not gonna run a back seat.I'am gonna run a 10-12 gallon fuel cell..I'am gonna run fiberglass bumpers.I'am running 15x3.5 and 15x10 weld Draglites..

A/C is going to weigh more. Sorry never had one so I can not say how much more.

Back seat is around 20-25LB

Not sure on the fuel cell. But I know gas is around 6LB a Gal. So a stock 15 Gal tank VS a 10 Gal tank will shave 30LB in fuel.

The rims should shave around 40LB for all 4 of them.

I ship car parts all over the country and have to weigh each box first. If you have a specific part in mind, I might be able to help you out but I don't have a formal list.

A/C is going to weigh more. Sorry never had one so I can not say how much more.

Back seat is around 20-25LB

Not sure on the fuel cell. But I know gas is around 6LB a Gal. So a stock 15 Gal tank VS a 10 Gal tank will shave 30LB in fuel.

The rims should shave around 40LB for all 4 of them.

Ok thanks

I ship car parts all over the country and have to weigh each box first. If you have a specific part in mind, I might be able to help you out but I don't have a formal list.

Ok I will let you now..If I need to know a weigh of something..

If you need to know the weight,why don't you take the part off and go stand on a scale?
Weigh yourself first then weigh yourself holding the part.

I've took the parts off already thats not needed.. Back seat,Heater/a/c stuff. Stock bucket seats replacing them with 2 fiberglass racing seats with 5pt harness. Fuel tank replacing it with a 10-12 gallon fuel cell. I'am taking off the power steering and adding a manual steering box. Replacing the stock bumpers with fiberglass ones..

I try and look at a part on the car and ask. Can I get ride of it? If not can I replace it with some thing lighter? If not can I some how take that part and lighten it in some way? IE cut some unneeded stuff off it or the good old drill it full of holes.

I try and look at a part on the car and ask. Can I get ride of it? If not can I replace it with some thing lighter? If not can I some how take that part and lighten it in some way? IE cut some unneeded stuff off it or the good old drill it full of holes.

I don't want to drill it full of holes because its gonna be driven on the street.But i'd like to make it light as possible..

I don't want to drill it full of holes because its gonna be driven on the street.But i'd like to make it light as possible..

You are doing good so far. Just replace body parts with glass ones any where you can run light weight aluminum rims and things like intake and heads water pump ect. Light weight master cylinder, starter, and alternator.

You are doing good so far. Just replace body parts with glass ones any where you can run light weight aluminum rims and things like intake and heads water pump ect. Light weight master cylinder, starter, and alternator.

Ya I have The light weight aluminum rims weld drag lites. I was gonna go with a 1 wire alternator. Thanks for the help..I was gonna get a fiberglass hood and maybe trunk lid..

-
Back