weird cutting out problem

-
Thats how its wired and i fixed the fuel vapor line going to the charcoal canister, drained all the gas and checked inside the tank and there was a small plastic cap that was in there so got rid of that, tank looked really clean inside so i put it all together and took it out for a test drive, drove the **** out of it and cruised it for a good 30 minutes and ran great, came to a stop and when i got on it it had one little hickup, drove it some more for about 15 minutes and slowed down to a stop and started acting up again, pulled over quickly and shut it off, checked the ohms on the coil (the accel coil) which i wanted to see if it was the problem, and it was 2.2 on the primary and 12k ohms of resistance on the secondary and it was hot even tho i mounted it away from the engine. So i swaped that out with the coil i had laying around and started right up, drove the **** out of it again and im not having any problems so far! but i'll keep posted if anything goes wrong again which i hope it doesnt!

haHAAA! finally fixed the problem! stupid accell coil was causing all the problems so thanks guys for helping me figure this out!

I'm putting all my money that it's ignition....

beavis_butthead_kiss.gif

Was the coil mounted on its side or was it standing up?

on its side on where it mounts to the intake behind the carb. It leak oil when i had it laying inside my car. I relocated the coil mounting to the firewall now. Im glad that problem is gone!

My completely stock '74 has done this a couple times since the heat is here. Take off after idling a minute or so and about halfway through 2nd gear it lays over for a couple seconds, like I let off the gas. Then it picks back up and runs fine.

The fuel system is new all the way including the carb, same with the ign. I still have the metal carb line and it looks like the factory 192 or so t-stat so I'll do some work to cool it down and see if it helps.

-
Back