Welcome. New member

-

Hep

Reaction score
Just joined and I have a 1963 Plymouth 200 Signet Valliant with a 225 Slant Six in it. (Thread edited by staff)

IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2649.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg

IMG_2591.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Post up a WANTED ad. You'll have better luck.

Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted

Specify if you're looking as a restore (same year, etc) or just a running 225.

Also... remove your phone number. You'll get scammers grabbing that

Last edited:
DO you plan to keep the car? Always choosing the cheapest option is rarely a good idea.

It is my forever car and thanks for the advice on posting. Just seeing if there are quality engines out there the shop doing the work is top notch they are also trying to find one so I thought I would try also. Having front end and redone and adding disc brakes to the front. 2cylinders are at 115 the others are at 125psi so I have a little time not a daily driver

It is my forever car and thanks for the advice on posting. Just seeing if there are quality engines out there the shop doing the work is top notch they are also trying to find one so I thought I would try also. Having front end and redone and adding disc brakes to the front. 2cylinders are at 115 the others are at 125psi so I have a little time not a daily driver
I call that good compression. What gives you the idea it needs another engine?

Just redoing the car and it had oil blow back and found this out car runs nice but stalls and burns oil. Redoing front and , steering box and pa/ pump and installing front disc brakes so that is taking a chunk so looking for engine options for near future

at over 100 i'd say that's not half bad.

are you just planning for the future?
It's in great shape. The book spec is 100PSI minimum and 10% difference across the board. He more than passes both those.

I call that good compression. What gives you the idea it needs another engine?
Just sent you a private message. The shop I’m having work done said this is were oil is coming from and it does burn oil. But no knocks it runs smooth but sometimes when step on gas it stalls

Just sent you a private message. The shop I’m having work done said this is were oil is coming from and it does burn oil. But no knocks it runs smooth but sometimes when step on gas it stalls
If it has good compression and it does, I would say the oil burning is coming from elsewhere, but since I am not there, there's no way to tell. Valve seals usually dry out, get hard, crack up and fall apart. And of course valve guides wear. When does it smoke? The old adage that when you stand on the gas and it smokes it's the rings and when you let off the gas it's the valve seals and guides usually holds true.

If it has good compression and it does, I would say the oil burning is coming from elsewhere, but since I am not there, there's no way to tell. Valve seals usually dry out, get hard, crack up and fall apart. And of course valve guides wear. When does it smoke? The old adage that when you stand on the gas and it smokes it's the rings and when you let off the gas it's the valve seals and guides usually holds true.
That was my question as well about the valves I need to have a talk with them. Good info

IMG_2649.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg

Yup. You have a PCV valve. I couldn't remember. I think it's prior to 63 that did not. It's the small cap in the rear of the valve cover with the vacuum hose coming off of it. I would remove it, shake it and make sure the valve isn't stuck and also make sure the hose is pulling vacuum when running. They sometimes get stopped up over time with crud.

But oil comes out of fill cap and runs down on block maybe I just need a fill cap that has a better seal but that would be to easy lol

But oil comes out of fill cap and runs down on block maybe I just need a fill cap that has a better seal but that would be to easy lol
If the PCV valve is stuck closed or not working somehow, then it'a not pulling a vacuum on the crankcase and that can cause your problem. I would certainly check the little things before I went rippin that engine out.

Hey, post a good picture of your option plate and the 4th digit of the VIN number so we know what plant it was built at and let's see what we can decipher about your car.

Big problem with oil "leaks" or burning is the PCV system. Might not be the valve itself. The carb has a passage for the PCV that gets plugged up. Remove the carb, and use a drill bit (I think 1/4 inch) by hand to clean out the passage. You need to go from the fitting on the outside, and also up from the base of the carb. Also check that the hose is clear.

Damn, I need to stop this freight train. PM sent to the new member and a lot of clean up on this thread to remove all the personal information in the quotes and the first post. Thanks guys.
Just joined and I have a 1963 Plymouth 200 Signet Valient with a 225 Slant Six in it. It needs to be rebuilt or I need to find one to buy. Does anyone have one for sale I was told it is cheaper to buy one instead of rebuilding this one. I’m in Mesa AZ call me if you have one 480-703-3533

View attachment 1716261383

View attachment 1716261384

View attachment 1716261385

View attachment 1716261386

-
Back