Well folks its that time of year...

-

Cuprum-74

Moparus Fanaticus
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tax time that is.

I am expecting a refund not huge one. But then add the motorcycle I'm sellin' it really opens up a big question:
The boss-err wife said I can use about $2800 from the bike into the duster.

I'm looking to maybe getting a GV-OD put in. I know there are other options. It's just that I have invested a lot of time and cash getting my A999 setup the way I like it. That AND it's easier. Add $100 for custom driveshaft.

My other thought is this: I can forego the GV and get a set of new heads from either Edelbrock or MP. (I currently have slightly ported cast iron 308 heads) And get either the 2.94 or 3.21 gears on top of that. Plus have extra left over cash to boot.

I do quite a bit of cruising, weekend jaunts and and I have done 100 mile drives at times and got around 16-17 mpg (when it had 3.21 gears and 26.5 tires). I will take it to the track one of these days, but it will probably be only a once or twice a year thing.

I have currently have 27 inch rear tires (255/60R15) and a 3.55 rear that will need a new ring & pinion.

The 3.21 one I had I kinda liked. I could squeal the tires from a stop if I wanted to. It was still a bit high RPM-wise at 70 but livable. The 2.94's would be better but I know it will be a little doggish off the line. I'm hopin' the heads (and a refreshed TQ) will mitigate that.

Hell if Roadkill pulled the Cropduster at a 13.06 with 2.76 gears. (but thats with a 383, I know) Maybe I won't be too badly off.

Dunno, I'm dreamin' and raving. Possibly mad crazy. Tell me what ya guys think...

Are you planning on using the wide ratio gear set in your A999 if you don't already have it?

Are you planning on using the wide ratio gear set in your A999 if you don't already have it?

Yep, already came with it and I converted it to non-lockup.

Here you go...

[ame]https://youtu.be/V7fzIY2asfs[/ame]

-
Back