well guys the 2nd mallory heli electronic

-

MY68/6GT

Reaction score
distr left me stranded AGAIN........WTF 400$
First time the carbon tip broke off.....told me never seen that before
now no spark hummmmmmm at least the carbon tip is still there
gonna put the old distr back on and get my f-ing money back , this crap is getting old
can't even buy hi-perf stuff thats worth a crap anymore,75 years of performance racing my ***

Go to any race track and look at what the racers run. MSD. Must be a good reason for that. JMO

I've run Mallory ignitions since '84 without a single failure. I've known two people personaly whos MSD boxes have failed at the worst possible time, one while bracket bracket racing and another in a SCCA race.

There's a lot things that can cause an ignition to fail, like failing to dissconect the box and distributor before welding. When you say the "carbon tip broke off", was it the carbon contact on the cap?

tip is a discription

2 distr failures in less than 3 weeks no thanks mallory
btw for all you mallory guys when was the last time you bought your stuff hummmmmmm??? i bet not recently , the workmanship ain't what it used to be

I'm running Mallory Comp SS distributor and have run Mallorys since the days of dual points. They have been totally reliable. Sorry you are having such a bad time; I know it's frustrating. I have never owned an MSD 6 that was ever worth a crap!!! The MSD 7 on my Super Gas Corvette was awesome...but have you seen the evil prices on those damned things these day? The Mopar Super Gold box is still a good option with a worked stock distributor. Good luck!
Pat

sorry to hear about your issues with them. I have one on my car now that I bought a little over a year now and don't have any problems. I have been using them since '98 without a failure yet so I guess we will see how this one goes.

tip is a discription

2 distr failures in less than 3 weeks no thanks mallory
btw for all you mallory guys when was the last time you bought your stuff hummmmmmm??? i bet not recently , the workmanship ain't what it used to be

The last box I bought is on my RC, but I'm running a MP distributor. I bought it fall of 2007 IIRC. No problems yet.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Maybe this time it isnt your distributor... No Spark? Sounds like possibly a coil failure.

-
Back