Well I won’t say I’m never going to buy another set of Speedmaster heads

-
i did and do read with an open mind. the tone of my post would even suggest that, but we don't need go there.

at any rate, the information that you initially presented came off as obtuse. there was the "who" but none of the "what" or "why". that had to come later at the prompting of other posts.

we'd all love for the play by play and certainly value to the technical information. but i can understand if you don't feel it's worth your time.

You make it sound like we owe you information. Well guess what??? We Dont. You also sound like a liberal in need of a waaaa-burger.

You make it sound like we owe you information. Well guess what??? We Dont. You also sound like a liberal in need of a waaaa-burger.
oh, now who's taking the thread off the rails?

name calling? i thought you were above that. but okay boomer.

honestly, you make it sound like you want to be seen as a martyr.

the whole post (and the previous one) reeks of taking your ball and going home.

anyway, i never feel as though anybody owes me any aspect of information. if they'd like to share with the community as a whole i find that to be wonderful and will gladly help them in kind if i possess any tidbit of information they seek.

i know that your distaste for me has been stewing since that last thread, where if you remember, 1- i didn't start with the jokes, 2- i apologized for and 3- offered to delete my post; to which you indignantly ignored, then walked it back and deleted all the content in a fit of revisionist history.

so i come on here, ask an honest question, tell you that the community appreciates you and your technical contributions and you say that i'm a whiny liberal that's demanding information? hardly.

and here i was gonna share my pork verde recipe with you.

:rolleyes:

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

oh, now who's taking the thread off the rails?

name calling? i thought you were above that. but okay boomer.

honestly, you make it sound like you want to be seen as a martyr.

the whole post (and the previous one) reeks of taking your ball and going home.

anyway, i never feel as though anybody owes me any aspect of information. if they'd like to share with the community as a whole i find that to be wonderful and will gladly help them in kind if i possess any tidbit of information they seek.

i know that your distaste for me has been stewing since that last thread, where if you remember, 1- i didn't start with the jokes, 2- i apologized for and 3- offered to delete my post; to which you indignantly ignored, then walked it back and deleted all the content in a fit of revisionist history.

so i come on here, ask an honest question, tell you that the community appreciates you and your technical contributions and you say that i'm a whiny liberal that's demanding information? hardly.

and here i was gonna share my pork verde recipe with you.

Not out to be a martyr but do a little back research and see if the guys that have posted tech are not posting as much. Heck they aren’t even replying so it appears several members are tiring of it. This was a great site so I wish I knew what is going on. You gotta have some fun but to totally derail a post it helps no one.

I don't know enough about head flow to fill the head of a pin but I really enjoy your tech posts. I hope it wasn't anything I said.

Not out to be a martyr but do a little back research and see if the guys that have posted tech are not posting as much. Heck they aren’t even replying so it appears several members are tiring of it. This was a great site so I wish I knew what is going on. You gotta have some fun but to totally derail a post it helps no one.
i agree wholeheartedly in all aspects.

Hate to lose the input of the knowledgeable members, especially those who have proven their abilities. I hope you reconsider John, even if it is some time before you do. I, like Rob and many others don't know bupkis about the science of cylinder heads, and I try to learn from those who are willing to share their experiences.
I even enjoy the Walmart pics!

It’s probably my time of month. A short summer vacation of racing will get my head right. Love the site and love the guys. How about post about 330cfm flowing set of TrickFlow heads this Fall.

If you read the this post with an open mind the issues I found are there. On the post that got rapidly misdirected I was going to go into every detail of what I found, parts needed to fix it, and procedures to fix it. But when you take your time to give out this info and in the first few posts it turns into a trainwreck it’s no longer worth it.
Send me a pm or report the bs posts. I usually don't spend much time monitoring your posts because they are so educational. If some jackwagons start to hijack your threads we need to know about it. You are one of the reasons why this site is so good. The troublemakers just drag it down.

Send me a pm or report the bs posts. I usually don't spend much time monitoring your posts because they are so educational. If some jackwagons start to hijack your threads we need to know about it. You are one of the reasons why this site is so good. The troublemakers just drag it down.

Sorry I can’t be “that guy”. I’d want to punch myself in the gut.

Sorry I can’t be “that guy”. I’d want to punch myself in the gut.
Maybe you can be the guy that in 10 year time people are still learning from.......I have threads saved from many many years ago from people no longer with us.

See the bigger picture and don't let the haters get you down.

Why wasn’t what explained. That the chambers that I usually Dont have to touch on a Speedmaster head was unmachined. Or when I went to do the final valve job I found the intake valve guide to be .0025 to big. Their guides are usually fitted better than Edelbrock heads. It cost my customer a little time (on a set of heads I did past my race season cut off date) it cost me out of pocket money for work I do pretty cheap compared to others. Head porters learn daily just like others.
Well I mean exactly. I don't see why you feel you need to beat yourself up and give away your stuff because of SM screwups.

Well I mean exactly. I don't see why you feel you need to beat yourself up and give away your stuff because of SM screwups.

It’s a lesson learned. I told my customer how much the job would be and I stuck to it. He was more than patient and I learned from it. But I will now quote a price with an explanation that I can’t cover screw ups from the manufacturer

Last edited:
It’s probably my time of month. A short summer vacation of racing will get my head right. Love the site and love the guys. How about post about 330cfm flowing set of TrickFlow heads this Fall.

John please do not stop posting, you are a True " Hot Rodder" in every sense of the word, you are respected by all on this site. I know you have been extremely busy with customer's work and it is time you go and have some fun with that Bad azz Duster and get yourself rejuvenated.
I for one would love to see what you can accomplish with the Trickflow heads, a new casting brings different issues and new Ideas to correct and achieve a goal.
Thanks for all you do on this site, Best Wishes, Red B.

I purchased a set of Speemaster Cnc heads Black Friday 2022.
Cancelled the order about a week ago because they still can’t ship them.

The machine shop moved and was having issues starting back up I was being told. I called every few weeks trying to pressure them.
Glad I canceled the order....
I did the same thing. If you're going to have a huge sale, make sure you have the parts to actually sell. I cancelled after 3 months of waiting, before my credit card would no longer consider it valid to negate, if necessary.

Well I used to put on my tu-tu and grab my pomp poms and promote Speedmaster. I will be promoting getting them checked out for now on.

There is the good the bad and the ugly I have to deal with every day and the good makes my day

Count me in on the massive list if people who appreciate your efforts to share your knowledge and experience.

John this site rocks because you and others share your Expertise it is the very reason as a E body owner as well that I stay over here and not there. The knowledge and expertise you and many others possess sets this site apart. Walmart pix not withstanding! Thanks guy! Post on!

It’s a lesson learned. I told my customer how much the job would be and I stuck to it. He was more than patient and I learned from it. But I will now quote a price with an explanation that I can’t cover screw ups from the manufacturer
There ya go John!
I was wondering why you fixed those factory issues, per gratis. It's not your fault the manufacturer can't get it right. (I know, cause you're a good man )
I had an old friend bring me some Edelbrokes, and when I informed him of the problems, he wasn't happy.
But he was very happy they got fixed.
BTW, I had to machine some of the outside features of the heads too, cause the name brand shorties collided with the bulkier castings.

-
Back