Well its going together, AGAIN!!!!

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This engine (572) was originally built for my 1991 Dodge Daytona and ran a best of 8.48@160 mph till I wrecked the car in 2010. The engine sat on my engine stand for several years while I concentrated on racing my small block Duster. Then I bought my 1974 heads up class Duster. I tore the engine down to check bearings as my Daytona was on its roof and assembled it again. Then I decided I was going to run nitrous so I took it apart again and widened the ring gap. 2016 I had health issues and it sat but while researching my pistons they recommended only a 200 HP hit. At that time Jason Digsby was switching his combo over to turbo so I bought his lightly used rods and pistons. Well its not finished yet but we are close. I took a few cell phone pictures last night but after its done I will try to update this with better pictures.

39828247165_588c32b8d4_k.jpg
Untitled by John Cadamore, on Flickr

26092112517_8bdbda2ee2_k.jpg

39154786040_188a29288e_k.jpg

40964122541_8d50ef2f1b_k.jpg

I was going to send the B1 intake out to have a fogger system install so I went ahead and did some minor port work but ended up going with a 200-700 HP plate system for now.

26092109137_253b7166e1_k.jpg

Some more test fitting last night. A local Friend and racer made up a set of headers for me so like everything else I wanted to test fit them on the engine stand. The sparkplugs are a little harder to get at than I would like but with a big block in an A body and with the 'heads up" class rules it is what it is. Hopefully the rest of my transmission parts will arrive this weekend so I can get started on it.

41083868411_40db15200c_k.jpg

41083868161_1b437f0f68_k.jpg

26212480737_e7e217febf_k.jpg

Beautiful headers. What are the basic rules for the heads up class? Sorry- been out of racing for a while.

Beautiful headers. What are the basic rules for the heads up class? Sorry- been out of racing for a while.

Hard to list them all but stock firewall in stock location, stock front frame rails from firewall forward, aftermarket front suspension allowed but must be bolt on in stock position.

alum. blocks ??

Yes. Almost any engine combo from NA to turbo. The Monster Mopar series breaks it down to you have to be a certain weight for the given combo. My local series at Quaker City is more or less run what you brung. I am bringing a knife to a gunfight but it’s something I always wanted to try

Yes. Almost any engine combo from NA to turbo. The Monster Mopar series breaks it down to you have to be a certain weight for the given combo. My local series at Quaker City is more or less run what you brung. I am bringing a knife to a gunfight but it’s something I always wanted to try
I have always wanted an alum. block, but never ran into "a deal" on one. GO KICK SOME CHEVY BUT !!

We have a local series at a track (RVA list) and they have tried to contain the money spent on the cars as best they can and one way they do that is the amount of money waged on the races. Unfortunately I think time has caught up to the program and some money cars will show up this year just for bragging rights. You will have a blast with the grudge stuff but it sure is alot of work at times for the guys running this type of racing.....

JW

You gonna run in OLS? Those boys are laying down mid 4’s! Big balls.

You gonna run in OLS? Those boys are laying down mid 4’s! Big balls.

That's my plan but I have nothing for those guys. I've been racing for 44 years and never even tried nitrous so I have a lot to learn. I was going to get a fogger installed but I stuck with a 200-700 plate system

I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on this thread! Good luck with the build and racing!

Good luck sir. Hope to run into you sometime at Quaker. I’ll have my Duster there.

D6A525EB-1CED-41B4-9C7F-FB8914068CE4.jpeg

Thats A BAAADDDDDD motor scooter right there John!! What rear suspension are you using for that duster ??

Last edited:
I did some horse trading and traded my Indy tunnleram and some cash for a new 1250 cfm APD Billet Enforcer. I made the 470 mile round-trip to pick it up out past Norwalk Ohio today and while there I got the guys to give me a quick tour of their shop. Man those guys do some nice work.

40412189834_5cd01387ed_k.jpg

40412189964_c95aac6242_k.jpg

LOVE your car.
Thanks. I didn’t make the August race last year but was there in September. Guess I just missed you guys. I ran in the True Street class last year but they ****-canned that class this year. Not fast enough to move up yet. Maybe when I get the new stroker together I can hang.
That carb is a work of art!

Thanks. I didn’t make the August race last year but was there in September. Guess I just missed you guys. I ran in the True Street class last year but they ****-canned that class this year. Not fast enough to move up yet. Maybe when I get the new stroker together I can hang.
That carb is a work of art!

I'm sorry I should have said we were there for a regular bracket race weekend. I haven't made it out there for a Dads race yet but I hope that changes SOON. Those guys at APD do some nice work. Small shop but well equipped.

-
Back