well its never happened to me till now

-
I have this happen all the time in my line of work. If the truck is a good deal the best thing next to replacing the interior is to give it a thorough cleaning, have a carpet company do full extractions on the seats and carpet and rent an Ozone machine and let it run in the interior with the windows rolled up for a good week.

The smell of a dead body is tough one to get rid of... both in the truck and in your mind.

several years ago, the manager of a store about an hour away from here had his brand new F-150 stolen at the beginning of summer. The police found it abandoned a few months later, with a guy in it who had had his head blown off. It sat like that all summer on some back road somewhere...

the cops told him he didn't want it back:vom:

and I don't mean 'cause it was a Ford:grin:

Hmm, now you got me thinking. I got a used truck about a month ago, doesn't smell very good inside. I just chalked it up to them having horses and animals. Smells like the horse has been riding in the truck instead of the trailer though.

Mark,

I feel a little dirtier now for knowing you. LOL

Thank you!

several years ago, the manager of a store about an hour away from here had his brand new F-150 stolen at the beginning of summer. The police found it abandoned a few months later, with a guy in it who had had his head blown off. It sat like that all summer on some back road somewhere...

the cops told him he didn't want it back:vom:

and I don't mean 'cause it was a Ford:grin:

What's that song lyric again?

"Oooo that smell; can't you smell that smell?"

Well my question is did he offer it at a good price. Me personally I would almost give away the vehicle just to get rid of it.

Was it at a price to die for?

Wait did I go too far, maybe not.

Skunk; tomato paste. Other, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup ammonia, 2 table hydrogen peroxide. Ozone machine.

Well my question is did he offer it at a good price. Me personally I would almost give away the vehicle just to get rid of it.

Was it at a price to die for?

Wait did I go too far, maybe not.

It was no cheaper than any of the other Dakotas ive looked at pretty sure the wife wouldnt EVEN get near it now that she knows the story i told her [-(

Years ago I was driving my friend Arnie home. I had a blue '69 Chargers with Cragars on it. Pretty badass ride. Anyway, Arnie flips and starts hollerin' for me to go back. So I go back for him and see the biggest p.o.s. ever and try to talk him out of it, but he's gotta have this thing, ya know? Like he possessed or something. So he's checkin' out this... car, and I'm talkin' to the owner and he's wearin' this backbrace and ratty looking beard. Old bastard too. Well he tells me his brother loved it and nothing ever came between him and his machine. He died in that car too. Guy called me a shitter! WTF??!! Wierd.

Like I said before ...if there is no SIGNIFICANT price reduction....let it go and find another Dakota less associated with internal death

I have this happen all the time in my line of work. If the truck is a good deal the best thing next to replacing the interior is to give it a thorough cleaning, have a carpet company do full extractions on the seats and carpet and rent an Ozone machine and let it run in the interior with the windows rolled up for a good week.

The smell of a dead body is tough one to get rid of... both in the truck and in your mind.

what's your job so i can avoid it?

The worst part is her haunting you from the passenger seat as you go down the road, telling you how to drive and what you're doing wrong, telling you to stop and ask for directions, etc.

Kinda like if you ever read the BOOK "Christine" Where the old guy rides shotgun next to the kid.....after he died.

Couldn't help but think of this episode of Seinfeld...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEhqiCD27E&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Seinfeld - The Car Stinks‬‏[/ame]

-
Back